PDA

View Full Version : Will NATS be dropped post PPP?!?!?!

BombBay
22nd Feb 2001, 17:51
Heard/saw (from a reasonably reliable source) today, that if SERCO win the race for NATS, a number of airports who have NATS as their current ATC provider, will not be renewing the contract.
Four airports were quoted as already making provision for directly employing their own ATCOs.
Another suggested, (but not directly quoted), was the airport group who've just aquired 2 more airports.
Discuss........ :)

Shazbat
22nd Feb 2001, 22:03
Doesn't really surprise me Bomb old thing.......it seems that EVERYONE knows just how bad a reputation SERCO has (even NATS management - ha bl**dy ha)...except for the Idiots in Government......oh yes, and PERHAPS SERCO themselves !

:) :) :) :) :) :)

ojt...aye
22nd Feb 2001, 23:00
Go on then Bomb ....name some names ......lets have a list and let the management deny it ......as an atco at one of the contract airfields I will guess that EGLL isn't on the list .....nor EGKK ...doubt if EGGW or EGHI as recent arrivals are there .....EGCC ...doubt that too !! so what have you left ?? Seems like the Scots the Welsh and the Irish !!!

form49
22nd Feb 2001, 23:31
They tried that a few years ago at EGPF, the BAA said we'll keep your terms and conditions, salary scales all the same, still didn't get any takers though!!!

------------------
Turn left heading 230, close from the left, report established

matc2
23rd Feb 2001, 00:00
Whispers say.....EGCC might go.
Might be totally wrong though !

VYT1
23rd Feb 2001, 00:23
as concerned of Manch Ill bet Fatherjacks strike pay youll get more takers right now.Secret ballot anyone?

Warped Factor
23rd Feb 2001, 03:23
If true, this PPP b*ll*cks is really going to stuff this company up good and proper.

Will the last one out please switch off the lights :mad:

WF.

controller friendly
27th Feb 2001, 04:23
Anyone fancy going on an area course,it looks so attractive from where I'm standing!!!

darkangel
28th Feb 2001, 18:44
If industrial action by NATS ATCOs costs Manchester Airport any money, they're quite capable of providing ATC themselves. A half page advert in the back of Flight offering £50k would not go unanswered.70% of existing Manchester ATCOs will stay, the rest will come from Aberdeen...

HarryBucket
5th Mar 2001, 22:48
Darkangel

Don't think it would only be Aberdeen ATCO's wanting jobs at Manch, all ATCO3 will be applying...especially for £50K.

Where do I sign up?