PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired

Shazbat
18th Feb 2001, 15:58
I don't know about other NATS employees, but I am utterly sick and tired of the "falsehoods" being told to the media by a certain individual about the staffing levels (of particularly ATCO's) within NATS.

What's needed is a well briefed Jeremy Paxman interview......THAT might stop it !!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Postman Pat
18th Feb 2001, 17:47
Hear Hear,

What about it Mr Paxman

PS Welcome back Shazzie

PP

Shazbat
18th Feb 2001, 18:55
Thanks Pat :) :)

ayrprox
19th Feb 2001, 02:39
I agree, it would be nice to see Prescott squirm under questioning from Mr Paxman.
Alternatively, someone told me that Mark Thomas on C4 did do a good programme on the issue. Perhaps an update is needed

get'em to heaven & back
19th Feb 2001, 05:43
mark thomas' programme was over a year ago but if it was as good as the one he did on the tube ppp a couple of weeks ago it would have been worth a wider audience than 11p.m. wednesday evening on ch4- it was excellent in tearing the whole essence of the government's argument to shreds.

Postman Pat
19th Feb 2001, 17:49
Airprox,

I think that Shazbat and I were referrring to someone closer to home who should know exactly what the staffing situation is. Although he hides behind his advisors this individual constantly tells the public that everything is OK when every single member of staff who holds a certificate of competence knows that it is not.

Two Jags is a politician so nobody believes a word he says and he is quite incapable of giving a straight answer.

It amazes me that nobody has bothered to ask people in the AC ops room at West Drayton what their intentions are re "O" Date. I believe that the staffing crisis is such that we could be looking at a capacity at NERC of less than 60% of the 2 million or so which WD could do given the same staff.

PP

Shazbat
20th Feb 2001, 00:46
Thanks Pat, you are quite correct !

Although Prescott needs something injected somewhere it would hurt, the "other person" (who should indeed KNOW better - or should make sure he is better briefed) would look VERY good as a nice Paxman-spitroast !