PDA

View Full Version : PPP, Staff Share scheme from the Horses........

terrain safe
4th Apr 2001, 00:40
Try this link (I hope it works) www.aviation.detr.gov.uk/nats/index.htm (http://www.aviation.detr.gov.uk/nats/index.htm) and then select report to parliament 2001 for all the REAL information on PPP.

The discussion starts here..

[This message has been edited by terrain safe (edited 03 April 2001).]

form49
4th Apr 2001, 16:55
Looks like we've been had....

Any Union bods out there got any ideas where we stand with this..

I and no doubt many others thought that the 5% would be shared equally, not available for purchase!!!

------------------
Turn left heading 230, close from the left, report established

Goldfish Watcher
4th Apr 2001, 19:11
An interesting document - thanks for directing us to it.

As regards the share option. No mention of the allocation. "An initial allocation of free shares" could be anything from 0.1% to 5%.
I suggest we all forget about shares until we get something written down explaining what is going to happen (ha ha ha assuming that we will be informed that is!!)

At least it looks as though our pensions will be protected (for now anyway) - which I would think is a whole lot more important than a few shares.....

Nuke the Bastards
4th Apr 2001, 23:42
Management ??????? politicians ???????

NUKE the bastards !!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Attendance Monitor
5th Apr 2001, 03:55
Goldfish Watcher,
After today's pensions surplus ruling by our non elected representatives at Westminister,
I would not be too optimistic about the assurances we have been given about CAAPS. £800M might now be looking like the deal of the century to the finance directors of the Airline Group. On the bright(?) side, a lot of senior ATCO's at the top of the salary scale might be receiving offers to go that they can't refuse, as the ruling permits pension surpluses to be plundered to fund retirement packages. Hope IPMS is keeping that mythical powder nice and dry.

[This message has been edited by Attendance Monitor (edited 04 April 2001).]

The Fat Controller
5th Apr 2001, 21:51
Don't forget that the pension scheme is not the NATS pension scheme, but the CAA pension scheme, and that we are now participating in a scheme not run exclusively for NATS staff.
Whilst not any sort of pension expert, I think that fact MAY be very helpful, and NATS will find it very difficult to plunder any of the surplus that exists. Here's hoping that's the case !!

------------------
FATCO

Goldfish Watcher
6th Apr 2001, 15:01
TFC

I think you might be right. Although, the NATS portion is now annexed - just like Highlands & Islands. So AM is right to point out that we are not completely protected by being in CAAP.

There are some assurances on the pension and although the strategic partner may have a go at plundering the surplus. we are still currently in a scheme offering a 1/59 x years sort of calculation.

Of course, I'm no expert but I'm sure that plans to change the pension deal would have to be made public first - so we would have grounds for a dispute over pay and conditions.

Anyway - I'll retire from this subject now before I dig myself a hole I can't climb out of. - and I'm quite short so it wouldn't be difficult!

GW