PDA

View Full Version : Better than mugs

AyrTC
4th Apr 2001, 00:28
Today two large flat "plasma" type t.v screens have appeared at Scottish.They are both in public viewing areas.One is by the mail slots by the Ops room and another is in the canteen(yes Rogerout I said the canteen :).
Rumour control think it may be something to do with New Horizons(subliminal messages perhaps) or a screen to watch inflight movies now we are part of TAG.

There is also a theory that it is a screen to call back people to the Ops room whose watches appear to have gone into stasis during their break(you know who you are!)

Any info

AyrTC

PS I am willing to swop one screen for six New Horizon mugs ;)

AyrTC
4th Apr 2001, 02:25
Of course when I say watches I mean wrist watches Not the watches who are doing the work in the Ops room if you see what I mean.
More wine Vicar
Hic
AyrTC

3rd Runway
4th Apr 2001, 09:54
Remembering that the year is 2001, are the screens a modern day version of HAL, the talking computer?

roger
4th Apr 2001, 11:06
It would have to be a bloody good t.v. to be worth 6 new horizon mugs, I don't think it is viable with todays technology. How about 3 mugs and an unused(brand new-ish)state-of-the-art(tounge in cheek)air traffic control centre some where in the south?

HounslowHarry
6th Apr 2001, 04:05
Insider reports that....

On these screens large pictures of de management shall appear and pies shall be thrown.

Keeps the mess out of the canteen I understand.

AyrTC
6th Apr 2001, 12:45
Oh Dear!

HH you have just upset so many people at Scottish(well a couple of watches anyway :))What a great reply I wish I had thought of it. :) :)

AyrTC

Hairy Growler
8th Apr 2001, 03:16
We have just had two brand new PC's and screens installed in the REST ROOM at TC LATCC. They are able to display ONLY the NATS website, and only selected pages of that. Everything else has been disabled. I reckon you are in for the same dose of brain washing as we have been. Look out for company slogans and objectives in nice frames going up in corridors, and New Horizons mugs appearing everywhere. (we just throw them away after use!). Welcome to the Peoples Republic Of NATS.

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
8th Apr 2001, 11:54
HounslowHarry-
...have you been reading 1984 and the two minutes hate again? You know that's not authorized reading material...!
-tacc

[This message has been edited by Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl (edited 08 April 2001).]

Loki
8th Apr 2001, 15:38
Hairy Growler (great name)

If you aren`t careful the thought police will be after you!