PDA

View Full Version : Frankfurt is hiring ATC- Radar Controllers (2)

LS8
3rd Apr 2001, 20:23
I received quite some response to this Topic last week- thank you to everyone that wrote.
Thanks to you we are now working out a scheme
with our management to allow foreign controllers to apply. If you are sincerly interessted in working for FRA-ATC, E-mail me
and we hope to be able to come up with some kind of plan, concerning simulator test, interview, job offer, within this month!!
We are in dire need for licenced radar-controllers so keep me busy on the E-mails!!
Looking forward to hearing from you-- and IŽll keep you advised about our progress.
Cheers for now- Peter

Lon More
4th Apr 2001, 05:58
Although I don't wish to dump on anybody's parade, this seems to be a wind up to me.
I obseve the DFS in action on a daily basis and also have daily contact with ex-DFS controllers.
Believe me, the rigidity of the DFS management structure would not allow a Supervisor to hire and fire staff.

LS8
4th Apr 2001, 22:02
Hi Lon,
As I pointed out ,this is a initiative started by myself to overcome a severe(25%) lack of staff. We had talks just today with management and things are looking good. There
is a very large chance of getting foreign controllers employed in the DFS. We are working on a employment scheme and are sorting out the problems such as green cards,
contracts, language lessons.
So this is definitely no joke.
Here from you soon- bye Peter!!