PDA

View Full Version : U.S. pilots please answer

prozack
30th Nov 2004, 18:35
Hello all,

My question is, when an airline and/or TSA does a background check on a potential new hire pilot, are they only looking for convictions or are they concerned with arrests also? You see, 3 years ago I was caught buying marijuana and arrested. When I arrived at the police station I was fingerprinted and photographed. The detectives told me I was gonna be charged with 2 felonies (intent to deliver, and felony possession) I then decided to "work" with the detectives and become an "informant". Doing this allowed me not to be charged with anything. Since then I have cleaned up my life and have been attending college to get my aviation degree. I just want to make sure this will not come back later to haunt me after I put all my blood, sweat, tears and money into training.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!

Intruder
30th Nov 2004, 18:56
From our company info:

The CHRC looks for conviction (or a finding of not guilty by reason of insanity) for 28 specifically designated crimes, going back 10 years. Those crimes are listed on the form you sign before getting fingerprinted. If an employee has been convicted of one of the designated crimes in the last 10 years (or found not guilty of the crime for reasons of insanity), he or she is to be denied access to all secured areas. An arrest for one of the designated crimes will not result in denied access, but does require a further investigation to ensure there was not a conviction.

Astra driver
30th Nov 2004, 21:55
Prozack,

I don't think you have anything to be worried about, since you were arrested but never charged.

I think that the questionaire asks if you were ever arrested, charged or convicted, so just say yes and give a full explanation in the space available.

I assume that you are no longer using Marijuana, as you will also be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test.