PDA

View Full Version : Coffee lounge chat - the most boring topic?

Mustafa Slippage
2nd Apr 2001, 20:48
Just wondered if anyone had particular pet hates. Computer talk? The positive effect that New Horizons has made?

Gonzo
2nd Apr 2001, 21:58
Forget that! I want to know where I need to get posted to have my breaks in a coffee lounge rather than a cubby-hole on the 7th floor!

Gonzo

Loki
2nd Apr 2001, 23:44
Least entertaining topic;

Listening to one particular CSC holding forth to his little clique of admirers.

Most entertaining: A game of "guess the GM"

5milesbaby
3rd Apr 2001, 10:19
How crap the food is, we all know its crap, but still we eat it...... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Mustafa Slippage
3rd Apr 2001, 22:42
Gonzo
Applications for LATCC most welcome! Swanwick's coffee lounge is a bit clean and modern like a yuppie place in the city.

loki
I agree with you. I think you must be referring to someone who's old, wise and rich enough to know better than to sit there on transmit pretending that it's still 1972!

fill-your-boots
3rd Apr 2001, 23:35
computors. football. cricket. shop-talk - ("well I had this one at 15 against the 16 overflight... zzzzzz")

------------------
cleared-to-go. what slot time?

Spotter
4th Apr 2001, 00:21
Mortgages rates, ISA's PEP's TESSA's Shares & investments.

It's making me miserable just thinking about it.

Goldfish Watcher
4th Apr 2001, 00:36
People continually asking,
"How many hours have you got now?"

It's a bit like - "lovely day outside, isn't it".

Conversation for people who feel awkward during silences........

Gonzo
4th Apr 2001, 01:32
LATCC???

Urg, no thanks, rather stay looking out those big vertical areas of glass we call windows!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, last time I looked it was a few chairs and a vending machine or two, which didn't even take proper money!!!

Gonzo

BEXIL160
4th Apr 2001, 02:19
How about.....

"You want a watch like this..."

"This'll save you a fortune on phone bills.."

"I've got this company building luxury boats, it's gonna make me a millionaire next year!"

Anybody YOU know?

FooFighter
7th Apr 2001, 21:16
Bexil,
Sounds like Del-boy Trotter!

Not necesarily the most boring, but very possibly the daftest topic was from a trainee we had.

He didn't want to be with us, and wasn't shy about letting people know. On returning from a weekend "back home" would talk the ears off anyone who couldn't escape quick enough about how many training hours he had done at his "local" unit while away!! (Life: nil pointe.)

His mentors were REALLY pleased that their effort and tolerance (this boy could be hard work) was not going to waste, and all vowed to work extra hard to make sure he validated... we also have fairies at the bottom of our threshold...

Foo