PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Thames and City Tower

Roundouthigh
2nd Apr 2001, 14:16
A very big thank you to the staff of Thames Radar and City Tower on Friday night at around 8.30pm. It was a gorgeous night so I took my girlfriend flying. Thames cleared us into the city zone and then transferred us to the tower so we could fly down to the dome. We got some excellent views of the city and the departures off 28 at City, on a stunning night. If you were on duty it was much appreciated and I look forward to talking to you again.

Expedite your backtrack!
4th Apr 2001, 12:01
Thank you very much for your kind words!

We at City try to be as helpful as possible to all concerned - in order to make this world a more friendly and better place.

Having said that - you probably picked a good time to make your request to Thames or else they would have told you exactly where to "fly off" to!

Expedite your backtrack!
4th Apr 2001, 12:14
ps. I'm not really thick (although others might dispute that) but the reason I replied twice is that my computing device advised me that the first reply had not been accepted!

Bring back the abbacus!

Steep Approach
4th Apr 2001, 15:18
..Never was very good with computers eh EYB!!

forget the abbacus, you've proved you can't use that in another thread!!!

willadvise
5th Apr 2001, 11:40
EYB
To remove excess posts. Click on edit this post then check the delete this post option.

the hunted one
10th Apr 2001, 00:16
Sorry if this is wandering off topic slightly, but I used to work at London City (1990-1996) and just wondered if I know "Expedite Your Backtrack"...

Steep Approach
10th Apr 2001, 01:08
I don't think so Hunted but you'd definately know me. Is that 'Balrog' by any chance??

the hunted one
10th Apr 2001, 01:44
Steep Approach: Certainly is! Though that email isn't correct any more...

the hunted one
10th Apr 2001, 21:30
Been trying to work it out Steep Approach...

Have you ever suffered from "crap in the carburettor"?

JuicyLucy
11th Apr 2001, 00:27
I know all of you ..............

the hunted one
11th Apr 2001, 20:03
Mum? Is that you?!?

Steep Approach
19th Apr 2001, 20:36
Probably Hunted but I'm all Fuel injection now.

Have you suffered from a Knott in the stomach lately!!!

P.S the TV is still working!!

Pointer
24th Apr 2001, 01:39
O.K. Sweethearts,

Roundouthigh, the only way to thank those wonderfull guys and galls is to bring them a box of choclates and a model plane: while stuffing theire face they can fly a "real" plane and send you on imagenary go-arounds!

And you know what they do after that?? they ask for more choclates!!!!

see you next time around...and around...and.

Pointer

Expedite your backtrack!
25th Apr 2001, 12:39
Chocies are always very welcome in the tower.

As for the model aeroplane. Me being a sad muppet, I love them.

Any donations are greatfully accepted. We could set up a collection (we already have a lovely VLM FK50)!

Pointer
26th Apr 2001, 01:44
Expedite your backtrack!, I wonder just one thing..ok two but i'll discuss just one; How many times does an "Expedite your backtrack!" with a 146 ends up with either a delay for the waiting or a goaround for the arriving? It seems that the only time they can go 'fast' is when trying to cut in line for the app.

I can help you with that "ultimate" collection by the way, i'll yust supply you with another :) BEAUTIFULL *** F50. :)

See Ya
Pointer

Steep Approach
26th Apr 2001, 01:58
Can we have another one with THREE Propellors like our current VLM one!?

[This message has been edited by Steep Approach (edited 25 April 2001).]

Expedite your backtrack!
26th Apr 2001, 12:17
I'll have no complaints about BA146s (apart from when they have just caused me another go-around).

Without them we would have non of the entertaining landings that add years onto our ages, and have our fingers hovering above the red 'crash' button.

Life wouldn't be the same without a BIG GREEN 146 making a controlled crash, and then reporting wind shear when the wind is showing 280 at 01 kts!

Pointer
27th Apr 2001, 15:54
Steep Approach, if you checked the box you would find a "spare" one. Use your "twisted/controller" mind to stick it some where. but you can't use any glue. We don't do hazmat!

Its not a problem i have with them it just seems they have a problem with anything remotely possible. and yes they do make "intresting" landings.

I just wish we had a bit more of a cruise speed, that would stop every body incl. seagulls of cutting in line. :rolleyes:

and who says there can't be a windshear with plus or minus 100% with yust 1 kt??

Pointer

[This message has been edited by Pointer (edited 27 April 2001).]

CLACTON5TANGO
28th Apr 2001, 23:52
Going back to the original post, when ever I've heard Thames or City, they sound truly professional and helpful, and I cannot thank them enough.

Mad-Air
29th Apr 2001, 03:00
Just wanted to know something.....
Does Thames Radar become London Weekend Radar at 1800hrs(local) on a Friday night?! :rolleyes:

Al the Best...

------------------
Watch out...
Too Err is Human.....
To Forgive is not Company
Policy.....!

Warped Factor
29th Apr 2001, 15:31
Mad-Air,

It wasn't that funny the first time :)

WF.

Steep Approach
2nd May 2001, 20:46
You're not that far wrong Mad-Air ..once all the East-end pirate FM radio stations start up on Friday Evening, anything can happen!!