PDA

View Full Version : Tc Atc De?

cyyz
27th Nov 2004, 05:43
Just wondering if NavCanada has Direct Entry ATC for ATCers from abroad? Or would the candidate need to do the 8-12 months training?

Thanks.

Jerricho
27th Nov 2004, 14:24
I guess you're talking about the Experienced Controller Program. The simple answer is yes. I believe the program has been temporarily put on hold, but here's the process.

Licenced controllers from outside Canada undergo a 4 day assessment which involves sitting an exam based on Manops and AIP, as well as some simulation based on generic terminal airspace (March Terminal, which I believe is the airspace Ab-initios use at NCTI). They are not required to do the full IFR or VFR course.

I can only speak for Winnipeg, but training at the centre involved a generic introduction/indoctrination to the 'Canadian way" in the class room (which seems to fit in for a couple of weeks with an introduction course for newly posted ab-initios) then a 3 level simulation followed by OJTI on the floor.

cyyz
27th Nov 2004, 15:08
Excellent.

Thanks for the reply.

=)

To bad it's on hold. :mad:

Jerricho
27th Nov 2004, 15:38
There has been much speculation and many rumours over why it has been put on hold, especially with respect to NATS employees. The conspiracy theorists believe it has a great deal to do with the EXCDS/EFPS technology and the joint effort for North Atlantic Oceanic control agreement.

Me, I just think they're scared that Point 7 or Gonzo are going to try to come over. :E

Fidgell
27th Nov 2004, 16:17
Have you validated over there Jerricho???

How hard was it and how many have validated/ still to go??

Sounds cool. (Very Cold Ive heard!)

Jerricho
27th Nov 2004, 16:25
Yup.

The other import and I checked out (as it's called here) a couple of weeks ago. There are 3 ex-NATSers in the school at the moment, and one ex-mil who has just started.

Cold!?

METAR CYWG 271700Z 27005KT 15SM FEW020 FEW100 M08/M09 A2989 RMK SC1AC1 SLP140

Yep. That's at 11:00 am local.

Fidgell, check your PMs

Gonzo
27th Nov 2004, 16:30
If you only knew, my friend! :p

Jerricho
27th Nov 2004, 16:35
Cool.

See you real soon Gonze ;) I'm booked in for my OJTI course............