PDA

View Full Version : Trainee/Validating Salary

sla
26th Nov 2004, 15:37
I'm sure there are a few of us waiting to start at college without the paperwork yet who would be interested to know the salary after the college while still validating.

I think I was told 17/18K for 2 years and 3 months, is this about right? Of course in real terms this would actually be less money than while at the college because there would be no accomodation allowance at this stage.

Is the college salary still in the region of 14.4K? Hopefully it won't go down by 20+% again inApril:\

Also what is the current salary at a unit such as Swanwick once validated. Any PM's about this would be welcome.

Thanks for any information:D

Jerricho
26th Nov 2004, 15:46
An interesting discussion about it here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117827)

:E

I wonder how my mate kirsty is?

Arkady
26th Nov 2004, 21:44
I stand to be corrected, but the salaries for ATCOs going to Swanwick are roughly just under 15K for Student ATCO, 21.5K as a T&D at Swanwick, 27K upon first validation and 39K upon promotion to the ATCO 2 scale which occurs on the second anniversary of your graduation.

You get a lot less while at the college nowadays but it goes up quick if you are successful.

Scotsliveit
27th Nov 2004, 11:23
It's going to be an even harder longer slog to validation financially. I'm a bit concerned about it.

There is no longer any pay rise in the college when you pass certain modules? I was hoping there was. Surely they can't expect you to pay council tax on that. (yep havin a wee moan)

If you want to call us students and say were lucky to be gettin a salary during our studies we should get the tax break and an extra 100 quid a month in our pockets. We'll see.

I'd like to know how Kirstey is as well. I read that thread a few days ago. I do believe Kirstey and 777 starting in April this year would have got the old college salary.

I'd like to hear how they're getting on at CATC.

away from home
27th Nov 2004, 11:47
When I was at the college I rented a one bedroom flat in a house which had several other flats and therefore I didn't have to pay council tax. I suppose it depends on what type of accomodation you want to live in, but doing it that way seems to avoid paying it! Just a suggestion!

AFH x

mr.777
27th Nov 2004, 12:13
Getting on fine at CATC ta very much!
Like I said,money has been a bit of a struggle but thats what the plastic is for! I was lucky enough to start on the "old" trainee salary.Funnily enough I printed off the pay scales on Friday but its different to what you guys will get,and its far too complicated for me to understand anyway!
I was under the impression that once you get out of CATC you still got WAP pay (accomodation) until you validated at your unit but it seems I may be mistaken...anyone shed any light on this?
One thing I will say is that you cant really afford (no pun intended) to worry about anything else except work when your training,and thats quite hard to deal with...if you start letting outside stuff affect your sim runs then you're on a downward slope.However,the college is good at giving you support if you do have any problems outside work.
If you guys have any questions,PM me and I'll try and get back to you.Back to the books now as Radar skills written assessment is 2wks away and closing fast!
Cheers,

P.s Jerricho..followed your link...made me laugh...can't believe I actually posted the s*** I did on the whole trainee salary thing...what an idiot!!! How's Canada??

Jerricho
27th Nov 2004, 14:29
Gave me a giggle as well ;)

Glad all is well.

2Bsure2Bsure
28th Nov 2004, 15:52
Mr 777
No WAP I'm afraid. (Unless you are going approach - WAP is paid for first three months out of college as it is classed as OJT.) I guess this isn't the case for you as you said you were on Radar Skills. Good luck with assessment!;)

mr.777
28th Nov 2004, 17:28
Cheers,and thanks for the info.I am doing Approach,(somw would say badly!),got confused with Radar Skills and Baby Wessex (bodes well doesnt it?).

Inverted81
28th Nov 2004, 21:24
Hi all,
I'm at the college (well will be at LTCC on hold till feb) am i right in thinking you get something similar to WAP instead.....???? its called UHP????? but you get this when your T&D not TATC, i.e whilst validating and beyond...

C

Mr Chips
28th Nov 2004, 21:55
ChrisF if you are 201 course, you will be on Operational Famil at LTCC, rather than holding - its part of your training! UHP is unsocial Hours Paynment and starts being paid when you are posted to your parent watch on arrival at your permanent unit...

See you On December 13... ;)

Inverted81
28th Nov 2004, 22:20
Mr Chips,
I must admit, i thought the term "holding" was a bit strange when the college used it....
i'm looking forward to it!! See you then... i guess you'll be wearing the red carnation under the clock? lol
c

Scuzi
28th Nov 2004, 22:44
We'll be getting WAP as normal while we're at TC, the only downside being that we will be short 4 x £0.27 each month. It's a pity we can't claim that :8

Can't wait now, only two weeks to go.

mr.777
29th Nov 2004, 19:07
Ah yes,unsocial hours payment...knew I'd missed something out.
How much is it then?