PDA

View Full Version : Whats an "employee trust".

Serco Stuffer
28th Mar 2001, 22:45
Question one:- What is an employee trust?
Question two:- Where are my shares?
Qustion R Three:- Can I watch when the senior management group - that sold us away - is decimated.

I can think of managers and their 'close friends' that need a wake up call!

Party on dudes.......

beaglepup
28th Mar 2001, 23:13
Is it "true" that all 'Person[h]ell' are on short term contracts?

monkey boy
29th Mar 2001, 01:18
I hope so. It'd be nice to see that lot issued with P45's and a swift kick up the a**e.

Goldfish Watcher
29th Mar 2001, 16:49
1. Employee trust is the pool to which you can sell your shares or buy more from. (or alternatively, what management don't have!ha ha ha)

2. You'll get your shares after the Govt gets its £800 million

3. Bitter?

Numpo-Nigit
29th Mar 2001, 19:19
If the PPP is non-profit-making, there will be no share dividends. If I can only hold shares while I continue in the employ of NATS (which I read today), and cannot dispose of the said shares other than to this Employee Trust, just what benefit do I obtain from holding these shares (other than a warm feeling)?

Confused of West Drayton

Serco Stuffer
29th Mar 2001, 19:29
3. Bitter - Real Ale please - a pint.

No, not bitter - just amused that the NATS senior managers that publically said they wanted PPP and privately said they did not will, probably, be the first "down the road".

From what I read above, that will mean that they can't realise their shares. Goody...

Loki
29th Mar 2001, 23:10
Numpo Nigit:

You, I, or any other employee get not very much at all out of it. You weren`t really expecting anything were you?

Spotnik
30th Mar 2001, 00:51
ATC shares - we're getting nothing for something

Spotnik
30th Mar 2001, 00:59
ATC shares - nothing for soemthing

Bright-Ling
30th Mar 2001, 00:59
Serco Stuffer......

HA!!!!!

Sorry just wanted to let you know that we are all laughing! I am sat here knowing that we really don't care about having shares as long as it is not in a SERCo run outfit!

The best thing about all this is the following.....

SERCo went for the bigun, NATS. In doing so, all the dirt was dragged up (and there has been loads!) and made SERCo look worse than ever, exposing it as a non-runner in the filed of UK ATC.

SERCo........took on the big boys and lost.......hopefully it all!!!

Read it and weep, losers.

[This message has been edited by Bright-Ling (edited 29 March 2001).]

Serco Stuffer
30th Mar 2001, 01:32
Bright-Ling.

Ha!

Don't understand old chap. I don't think you do either. I don't (and never would) work for S***o. I work for NATS. Big place called LATCC.....

UmmphUmmph
30th Mar 2001, 02:08
lets see....£800m buys 46% of NATS therefore 100% is worth £1.739bn

5% of that is ..... near enough £87m - how amny employees has NATS ? about 6000? 87million divided by 6000 is?

approx £14500 each....so how come they are talking of £500 for each employee!!!!

slurp
30th Mar 2001, 02:21
it does say initial share s allocation....maybe theres more to come?

Bright-Ling
30th Mar 2001, 10:12
SERCo Stuffer......

...sorry, just re-read the post and I didn't want to aim that at you, just agree!

Came out all wrong!!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

**CAUTION...I have been drink-PPRuNing again**

Maineman
30th Mar 2001, 12:37
£14500 each???

Are these 'shares' given or do we have the once in a lifetime chance to buy them?

Serco Stuffer
30th Mar 2001, 13:57
I think we get a once in a lifetime chance to sell them!

How is it to be calculated? Years of service? Grade? SMG!!!!!!!!????? Straight split @ £14.5k?

More interesting times ahead...

Numpo-Nigit
30th Mar 2001, 18:13
I can't recall exactly where I read it, but I understand that these "valuable" shares will be allocated equally to every NATS employee, regardless of grade or length of service. It's comforting to know that management are not going to get an unfair benefit of these worthless pieces of paper.

Nuke the Bastards
30th Mar 2001, 18:56
Hmmmmmmm.....and there was me thinking that an employee truss was summink that the older ones amongst us wore :) :) :)

Legs11
30th Mar 2001, 23:26
HA!!!!!!!

Hark at you lot...all you claimed to be worried about was "safety". Now it turns out to be all about "what's in it for me", "how much do I get".

:)

Legs11
30th Mar 2001, 23:31
HA!!!!

Hark at you lot. You all claimed to be concerned about "safety", but now the truth is out....."what's in it for me?", "how much do I get?"

Shame on you!

:)

Bright-Ling
31st Mar 2001, 01:20
Legs......

....trust me, F***wit, it wasn't good enough to hear twice.

SERCo are safe with you in the team - MUPPET

Bigears
31st Mar 2001, 14:12
Legs 11,
Now that Serco aren't in the picture, worries about safety have decreased by a huge amount- although those worries are still there.
The information about the Employee Trust is still a bit sketchy, which is why questions are being asked out it.
This does not mean that people are only interested in the money. I would be willing to bet that 99% of NATS employees would have been willing to forgo the Employee Trust, than have PPP. (Theres always 1% who can't see reason!!!).
If you work for Serco, then I can understand your frustration, as the door has shut on what would possibly have been an opportunity to get posted to somewhere you like better than where you are now, and possibly also to better yourself.
Safety always has been, and always will be, the prime concern for NATS ATCO's(and Serco ATCO's too, I suspect).

Serco Stuffer
1st Apr 2001, 19:59
Greed is gooooood!

The guverment said that £50,000,000 would be given to NATS staff (as a bung) for accepting PPP.

I think that was fatty two Jags way of trying to get us to accept Serco. Failed! My ATCO friends told NATS to stick the other 'bung' - for rest days - also so it's nothing to do with selling out -
just wanting what's been promised.

It only seemed to become an 'employee trust' after the announcement.

Legs11
2nd Apr 2001, 14:38
BrightLing, sticks and stones.....the truth hurt, did it?

Bright-Ling
2nd Apr 2001, 15:11
Just looking forward to our free travel!!

So long sucker!!!

slurp
2nd Apr 2001, 15:52
old legs11 and his motley crew of Serco'ers seem really upset they couldn t be part of real ATC,they now resort to childish behaviour...better off without them i say...

Bright-Ling
2nd Apr 2001, 15:58
Legs11,

Yes...we will remain safety concious

Yes...we will remain higher paid.

And now they are giving us dosh. You ought to re-join us!

"Hey diddly-dee, an ATCO's life for me!"