PDA

View Full Version : clarification required reference privatisation

ayrprox
27th Mar 2001, 21:51
I read here people saying thank god, no SERCO or words to that effect, but am I wrong in thinking that we are now a part privatised company?
if so, what is to stop The airline group selling their bit to SERCO in the future if they suddenly decide that its not working out or for any other reason?

EarlyGo
27th Mar 2001, 22:14
Exactly. There is no cause for jubilation, PPP is still a flawed concept, and the GLA are bringing the proposed London Underground PPP to judicial review on safety grounds. Just because its not Serco does not mean the Airline Group will not look to make serious cuts in NATS staffing. They paid more than expected for their share, and will surely be looking to recoup some of that that. The unions will be watching very closely to see that pledges made during the bidding process are adhered to. I still believe IPMS were unwise to endorse the Airline Group bid (something PCS refused to do, on the grounds that the PPP was flawed whoever was in charge) . They have made their bed, hope its comfortable!

RATBOY
27th Mar 2001, 22:46
Haven't seen the exact text of the contract or deed or bill of sale or whatever the documents are (and wouldn't expect them all to be made public to the great unwashed anyway) but the government must have some restrictions on who any or all of the privized part can be sold to.

Of course to resell any of it you must find someone silly enough to want to buy it at a price that is useful to you. Want to be business partners with 2 Jags?