Vlad the Impaler
23rd Nov 2004, 21:06
Hows it going Reg ?

AlanM
24th Nov 2004, 16:57
Yes, how is the big fella?

Bern Oulli
24th Nov 2004, 17:02
I for one am interested. For general broadcast to everyone (except 250kts of course), I have an email from he who is Honeymonster dated 16th Nov. As it was not addressed to me I don't feel free to divulge the contents, suffice it to say it put a smile on my face.

Fletchers Left Boot
24th Nov 2004, 17:05
hear hear.

I, too, know who HM is and would like to know how he is getting on.

FLB

Honey Monster
24th Nov 2004, 20:15
Hello everyone, I'm still plodding along.

For those who do not know, I underwent a 5 hour operation back in April to remove a part of my bladder and part of the ureter that connects it to the right kidney. What was left of the ureter was re-plumbed into another part of the bladder.

Initially there was concern that they might not have got all the cancer.

3 months later I had various x-rays and a cystoscopy where they shove a telescope into the bladder to have a look around. (There is only one way to get it there!) The x-rays did not show any sign of narrowing in the ureter which I hope means that the tumour is not re-growing. The bladder also appeared to be clear.

They are going in with another cystoscopy on 9 December. If all is still clear, they will move subsequent cystoscopys to 6 monthly intervals.

The main problem now is that now my bladder is smaller than before, whenever I go out, I have to plan routes around the locations of public toilets!

Also, I cannot get travel insurance to cover anything that relates to cancer.

After the 3 month check, we decided to pop over to Tobago for a couple of weeks in September to enjoy Hurricane Ivan!

Fortunately, the eye passed just north of Tobago but directly over Grenada which was our alternative destination. More than 90% of the properties on Grenada were damaged or destroyed.

Once again, I am touched by your continuing interest in my well being.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reg Ford

5milesbaby
24th Nov 2004, 21:40
Reg,

Its great to hear your news, best as could be expected. Fingers now crossed for the 9th December that all shows up to be good.

Looking forward to your book on Public Toilets, with your wit it should be a scream!!!

Have a great Christmas and please keep us updated, we are all thinking of your wellbeing.

Cheers,
Mr and Mrs 5miles
(you taught us both!!)

:ok:

Honey Monster
24th Nov 2004, 21:50
This is what to do with a rubbish bag if you're stuck in a hurricane.

Note the intensity of the rain. The trees in the background are only 100 metres away!

Reg

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1048290?s=418051&[email protected]

2 sheds
24th Nov 2004, 22:14
Reg

Good to hear from you - keep us posted.

Best wishes - inc with the TNAV.

2 sheds (from not far away at work)

360BakTrak
25th Nov 2004, 07:43
Love the black dress Reg....very fetching! :ok: Glad to hear you're doing well.
Best Wishes.;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Nov 2004, 08:20
Nice bag of old rubbish, Reg... still looking for you!

God Bless you and keep you mate. Have a fab Christmas and NY.

Bren M

Lon More
25th Nov 2004, 08:45
Everybody should have a slinky little black number:O

Good luck with the Op

250 kts
25th Nov 2004, 10:11
My best wishes to you HM. I for one was unaware of your illness and wish you a speedy recovery and long and happy retirement.

250 kts.

Lock n' Load
25th Nov 2004, 23:34
Best of British, Reg. A couple of your former students are here in Canada, so if you feel like popping over you'll be made most welcome!
Your laugh was always infectious "back in my day" at the College - may it remain thus for a long retirement.

JJ

Farrell
26th Nov 2004, 07:16
I have never met you sir, but luck travels on, regardless of who sends it!

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

Wayne

Scott Voigt
26th Nov 2004, 22:29
I see that you were at a black tie event Reg <G>... Hope that you continue in good health...

regards

Scott

Turn It Off
26th Nov 2004, 23:06
Reg

I was at the college until recently and only learnt about 2 weeks ago that you had been unwell.

My best wishes to you and your family and a speedy recovery.

Kindest regards and best wishes

TIO

Mr_Grubby
28th Nov 2004, 15:06
I wish you good health Reg.

Clint.
Ex TC Training
LATCC.

NudgingSteel
29th Nov 2004, 19:01
Reg,
Sorry to hear about the illness - I was one of your students some years back and you were definitely one of the "good guys", if only all the other instructors had been so cheerful!!!!
Best wishes for your continued recovery.:ok:

Vlad the Impaler
2nd Dec 2004, 10:18
Reg,
After your last thread telling us about your illness I am relieved to hear that you are on the mend and I'm sure that goes for everybody who had the pleasure to be trained by you over the years. I will never forget the LVP's intro exercise on the aerodrome course, I don't think I've ever laughed so much. So keep us posted and good luck.
V

Honey Monster
2nd Dec 2004, 15:16
When I retired in June I mentioned in another thread that CATC were making a collection for Cancer Research in lieu of a leaving present. I believe that some of you may have contributed. If you did, thank you.

I have just been advised that including gift aid, £193.21 has been paid to Cancer Relief.

Reg

Honey Monster
10th Dec 2004, 13:51
Yesterday I had the cystoscopy that I referred to earlier in this topic.

Unfortunately, the surgeon found a new tumor on the oppsite side of the bladder. He tried to take a biopsy to check if it was malignant, but it was too friable, so he burned it away.

I now have to have a series of x-rays etc. done next week to check if the kidneys are affected.

Reg

ayrprox
10th Dec 2004, 14:26
:( sorry to hear the reg. Hope that they get all of it this time and that you have a worry free christmas and new year:ok:

Loki
10th Dec 2004, 18:34
Hell`s teeth Reg, puts my problems in perspective (rare urological condition)

Hope it all comes right.

AlanM
11th Dec 2004, 08:29
fingers crossed Reg.

cessnalee
12th Dec 2004, 17:22
hi there reg...

signed up to the site today and just been scanning thru.

i hope the 9th of dec brought along good news.stay strong.

merry christmas

Honey Monster
22nd Dec 2004, 17:12
Earlier today I had the x-rays that I mentioned above. Whilst I have not yet heard officially from the consultant, the radiologist told me that on a first inspection of the x-rays (subject to a more detailed inspection later in the day) he could not see any tumours.

Phew!

Reg

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Dec 2004, 17:29
Could be worse Reg - you could have piles!!!!

Enjoy Christmas..

Vlad the Impaler
22nd Dec 2004, 19:56
Good for you Reg. Keep up the good work, keep us posted and have a Very Happy Christmas.

Bern Oulli
23rd Dec 2004, 08:10
Yes, great news Reg, and just in time for Christmas. Have a good one mate and best wishes for the New Year.