PDA

View Full Version : Afx (merged)

Thunderbird 3
2nd Jul 2004, 15:38
Building at J14 M25 now showing AFX Cargo.
Two rumours at LHR.
a) 2 x B747F UK - BGW
or b) according to IFW 21June UK - China.
Who is now giving PB credit,taking into account past history ?

Thunderbird 3.

JB007
7th Jul 2004, 10:36
Won't be happening on a UK AOC!!!

smartercharter
9th Jul 2004, 14:07
PB has a contract to fly from Europe to Hong Kong on an acmi deal. He has his own AOC....Air Bangladesh!!! Aircraft was meant to show up 10 days ago - surprise surprise no show!!
He is full of sh*t. Customer now crapping themselves due imminent service launch date - no a/c - money paid to PB - what next!
The a/c that he has "bought" is ex Kittyhawk N707CK which is allegedly a complete dog...........last seen bursting tyres and breaking engines in Cairo I think!
The a/c is still in the states with no C of A, no export C of A, and no sign of moving.
I understood it that he could not operate from the UK due to too many debts here..........and that there would be a queue to impound his a/c!!!
Allegedly delivering another B747F on a contract in Bahrain in about 10 days...........who knows!

Interesting to find out anymore from anyone who knows!

Hobo
9th Jul 2004, 15:21
Word here at EGHH is that AFX will be operating 2x weekly Verona-Hkg via Gulf & Dacca on FarEast AOC.

smartercharter
9th Jul 2004, 15:47
Its VBS - Montechiari

fj1
13th Jul 2004, 12:03
N801KH (ex N707CK) due MSE tonight.

JA8539
13th Jul 2004, 12:26
to ad to "Fj1" post....

Scheduled into Manston at 22.00 this evening is B747-269 N801KH (c/n 21541 Ex 9K-ADA/N707CK)

Brgds

Yogi Bear

CargoOne
13th Jul 2004, 14:49
JT9D-7J engines is a good start.... :cool:

Flight Detent
14th Jul 2004, 10:36
Hi all,
I believe I've operated that airplane whilst it was all pax fit.

Kuwait Airways (9K-ADA) was still operating their three -200s when I departed Kuwait back in late '94.

I think 'ADA' was the one the Sky Marshall discharged his revolver in the flight deck (whilst on the ground at Kuwait Intl.), proving it wasn't loaded, but forgot the round in the chamber.
We were about to operate it to London Heathrow, and the crew van was called back to Ops. No real damage, missed everything!

I believe those airplanes stood in the Kuwaiti desert for some time after they were retired.

just a thought,

Cheers, FD :D

smartercharter
14th Jul 2004, 11:00
Surprise surprise - no aircraft!
This a/c is meant to fly commercially tomorrow!
Still on N reg - no AOC
Why could the a/c not be given export c of a in US?
Inspectors were there to do that........but did not........why was that.........were they unhappy with the state of the a/c?
Can anyone confirm if Air bangladesh has a B747 on its AOC?

Rumour has it that the a/c is coming to MSE on a ferry permit, and that the FAA mx station there has been "prepped" to sign the a/c off so that an export c of a can be issued and the a/c re-regd. Bangladesh Caa peeps have got to be happy with the paperwork though...............I wonder who will do the artistry this time!

That is...........if the a/c ever leaves Oscoda!

I hear the UK CAA are waiting to see exactly what happens!

Not that Mr Bowles has ever had any run ins with them about maintenance paperwork and AOC compliance issues!

Engineer
14th Jul 2004, 11:33
Who is Air Bangladesh?

At present there is no 747-200 aircraft on the S2 register. Earlier this year Biman did look at two 747-200s from Kuwait Airways even inspected them at RUH But the option was not taken up.

smartercharter
15th Jul 2004, 10:55
So.........did the aircraft arrive?

Rocket2
15th Jul 2004, 12:05
"So.........did the aircraft arrive?"

Are the creditors queing up to impound it?

CargoOne
15th Jul 2004, 12:20
Rocket2

I'm afraid creditors have nothing to catch there, becuase legally this outfit have nothing in connection to old AFX.
It was the same story with AFX2 (second attempt): everyone knows it is AFX, but no chances to get any single penny out.

steamchicken
15th Jul 2004, 12:33
Well, did it show?

smartercharter
16th Jul 2004, 08:39
Heard that the old dog finally made it in this morning.........and that AFX are now looking to "borrow" hangar/equipment/tooling so that thay can get going on re-reging the a/c on to the S2.

Allegedly, as there are no B747`s on the S2 reg....AFX are doing the certification themselves.........which is nice.

Lets see what happens next!

phoenixegmh
18th Jul 2004, 12:54
The Old Dog has arrived. It's looking rather sorry for itself, just like the other AFX 747 that's there (formerly G-GAFX, now on N-reg I believe). I'm guessing it won't be flying out in three days like it's supposed to..... Probably be out in boxes like so many other airframes that've been at MSE.

CR2
18th Jul 2004, 13:02
Believe G-GAFX belongs to Boeing anyway, was leased in the past. G-INTL was theirs (If I remember all the details).

BRISTOLRE
19th Jul 2004, 09:51
INTL has been parked at Stansted for God knows how long. Are you sure that there are 3x AFX B747s in there at the moment???

smartercharter
21st Jul 2004, 11:07
Heard that the aircraft was meant to have been re-regd and off to Italy a day ago...........did it move?

23rd Jul 2004, 12:03
Please remember that this is an incredibley small world! When any of your aircraft arrive in HKG, suffice it to say that I will be there to personally welcome them in, as well as to retrieve the three months' salary and leave monies that you owe me. I also undertake to recover monies owed to all of my ex-afx colleagues.

I can't wait for us to meet again! :ouch:

acmi48
24th Jul 2004, 10:06
the sorry looking AFX orginal in Manston still has by the side door sticker flying on behalf of Cargolux..also saw 1 eas and 1 Kalitta a/c parked aswell..eu jet start up soon in MSE will be interested to see how they do

port look out
25th Jul 2004, 11:57
I just found on the web that GINTL is up for sale by the administrators of AFX Capital Ltd. It's being sold by Wyles Hardy and Co and the aeroplane plus lots of ground equipment are being auctioned in August. It will be interesting to discover who the purchaser(s) turn out to be.

Mr Bowles has interests in several companies and seems to delight in moving their assets around between them. This seems to be a very effective means of avoiding his creditors untimely advances!
Any more info on the site at Junction 14 of the M25?

Opsisgr8t
25th Jul 2004, 12:18
Air Bangladesh - set up by AFX2 to avoid the CAA basically - they had the Bangladesh CAA over in UK for 10 days last year waiting on N707CK to arrive - which it never did!!

G-INTL - good luck, C check is required and had bee deferred too long as is a gear change - expensive!

If it in the same condition as G-INTL etc, I expect the Bahrain CAA will ground it when it gets there - they're pretty handy at that - one a/c just grounded today because of its appearance... too many people in the world pi**ed off at PB et al for this to work. AFX and its sequels - maybe he'd be better selling his "script" to hollywood - its the sort of place where PB's version of reality will fit right in!!! ;)

Jes
27th Jul 2004, 19:44
S2-ADT, as it now is, is ready to leave Manston, but the engineering co. and the airport have not yet been paid, allegedly.

CargoOne
27th Jul 2004, 22:06
S2-ADT, as it now is, is ready to leave Manston, but the engineering co. and the airport have not yet been paid, allegedly.

surprise! surprise! :ok:

:yuk:

smartercharter
29th Jul 2004, 10:38
So...........has it gone yet........or is he still scratching round down the back of the sofa for cash?:}

Jes
30th Jul 2004, 17:33
Still there. Engineers paid, but fuel o/s.

Jes
3rd Aug 2004, 16:04
It's been towed to the main apron this afternoon, so it might be getting ready to leave.

ifonly
4th Aug 2004, 09:11
Apparently it was due out yesterday at about 19:30L - F/p shows destination as LIPO.

Kato747
4th Aug 2004, 12:07
wasn't 9k-ADA used in the HF film "Air Force One" - or was that 9K-ADC?

catch 22
9th Aug 2004, 08:31
9K-ADA was the queen of the skys when we flew out of Seattle in June, 1978. The -F engines were the latest and all the options were taken. Money was no problem! The engines were upgraded to -J's a few years later.

AN-12man
13th Aug 2004, 15:11
hello there!

as I know someguys who wanted to charter N707ck/N801KH
in late July (which of course did not perform) I am curious, if this old bird is still sitting somewhere or finally entered service -
any news on that?

an12-man

Jes
23rd Aug 2004, 16:43
S2-ADT reappeared at Manston on Saturday, and is still there.

acmi48
31st Aug 2004, 10:44
this a/c was supposed to perfrom ex lux and was blocked by the DACL.. apparently sitting in Brussels

Jes
1st Sep 2004, 05:50
Left Manston for Brussels last night.

Hobo
5th Sep 2004, 08:25
Just back from Dubai, couldn't see clearly, but there was a combi that could have been AFX there.

nitro rig driver
8th Sep 2004, 09:03
still there,don't why,looks pretty tatty though,been there about a week already

BRISTOLRE
10th Sep 2004, 09:59
Whats the latest?
The"(new) AFX" Thread has been quiet for a few days.
Where is the aircraft currently? anyone seen it or does it still reside now in DXB?

Engineer
12th Sep 2004, 09:59
S2-ADT was at DAC this morning

As comes to it country of registration :D

an-124
15th Sep 2004, 12:43
Any new news on what is happening with AFX?

PIA747
6th Oct 2004, 20:07
I believe AFX has contacted BETTS to recruit its B747 crew. Route to be flown is London -Bahrain - Hong kong. Does the Bangladeshi AOC allow this?

justforfun
11th Oct 2004, 11:33
Hop PB has changed his attitude towards operating and support at stations if he's planning on coming through BAH... BAHCAA are red hot on operators like AFX and their reputation will not have gone unnoticed... Good luck to the crews!

JFF

747fanatic
24th Oct 2004, 07:18
Any news on what they are up to? do they plan the operation with just one aircraft?

747fanatic
24th Oct 2004, 14:59
S2-ADT was in Amsterdam on 20th October. Here is a picture.. a small Air Bangladesh sticker is applied.

<http://members.lycos.nl/phphotography1/schiphol/s2adt.jpg>

stormin norman
24th Oct 2004, 17:51
It dosn't lookto good.The operating crews are a old bunch ex BA then ex EAC.Last i herd they were into expansion but the wages were non existant .same old AFX then !Looking at the picture posted the flying machine they have dosn't look to good and with a Bangadesh AOC oh dear.

BRISTOLRE
24th Oct 2004, 20:54
Who are they flying for? sub service or have they established a schedule yet?

Clarence Oveur
24th Oct 2004, 21:04
Looks like an ex American International machine with that red and gold stribe.

I'm glad I'm not the engineer on that thing.

bacardi walla
8th Nov 2004, 16:12
Oh dear, I see PB is recruiting for Ops staff to be based at LHR. Warning to anyone who might apply...... DON'T unless you want to work for nothing :O This guy should not be allowed to run a company with his previous track record.

fedup
9th Nov 2004, 10:43
PB as we all know is a dreamer, he wants to be the next Branson, thats why he used to spend more cash on leather bound AFX desk diarys and loads of pretty girls working in offices for out stations that dont exist. The old AFX could have worked really well if he had kept his promises to Cargolux and not keep delaying the aitrcraft on his dream hong kong schedules. As far as pay, I made a nice salary out of afx for a short while and got out quick, I know others who didnt

CR2
9th Nov 2004, 10:56
As a CLX bod, I can tell you that the troops on the ground did their level best to keep things moving along.

an-124
15th Nov 2004, 09:11
Anyone have any update on AFX or PB?

Engineer
15th Nov 2004, 12:52
It appears expansion is on the horizon.

Posted Advert (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/showpage.asp?page=employer.asp?vacID=23352) for Capts and FOs. $124K and $83K respectivly plus $5000 joining bonus and stated that adding 3 aircraft to the fleet.

Wonder if that will attract many people :D

PIA747
15th Nov 2004, 15:15
S2-ADT has been grounded by the CAA in Masstricht for almost 2 weeks now.

747F
15th Nov 2004, 20:39
folks, when signing up with AFX just make sure to collect your 'sign-up bonus' and the first month's pay in advance - otherwise - good luck

fmotels
23rd Nov 2004, 09:46
AFX S2-ADT is sitting on the ramp here in HKG loaded but no fuel supplier as yet, STD 60 min, what a surprise

fmotels

an-124
23rd Nov 2004, 19:59
fmotels - sent you a pm

an-124
25th Nov 2004, 07:45
Does anyone know where S2 ADT is now?

Nopax,thanx
26th Nov 2004, 12:22
Activity at STN today around the 747 G-INTL! Nose door up, flaps are down and APU door open. Routine storage maintenance or is something going on???

PIA747
27th Nov 2004, 18:53
Where are the other aircraft coming from? or will they simply get the stored ones flying again?

ALLDAYDELI
28th Nov 2004, 16:20
Its gonna take a whole load of jobs to get that INTL moving again, plus payment of months & months & months of BAA STN parking fees first.
Any more news on S2-ADT then anyone?

an-124
1st Dec 2004, 12:19
Does anyone know if S2-ADT is flying anymore?

yotter
1st Dec 2004, 13:44
S2-ADT:last week HKG-DAC-BAH-HHN. Why are people so fascinated by this aeroplane? Cheers, Y

PIA747
1st Dec 2004, 15:28
yotter,
Are you flying for AFX?

If you are PM me please

Jerboa
2nd Dec 2004, 07:37
Yotter,
People are fascinated by this aircraft because it is being operated by PB.
All of us who worked for the AFX 1 shambles are waiting to see what happens. When AFX 1 went down lots of us were and still are owed unpaid salary.
I dont wish anything bad on guys working there now but having seen this operation first time around i think a lot of us are waiting for the same thing to happen again.

yotter
9th Dec 2004, 16:42
Check your pms PIA747

747fanatic
11th Dec 2004, 09:50
I heard Philip has not being paying his crew. A few are leaving already

VIKING9
11th Dec 2004, 11:39
Some things never change do they ?

pilot31
11th Dec 2004, 17:28
Gentlemen,

What is really going on in AFX? I would be specially happy to hear from insiders. Any new aircraft by the end of this year or in the nearest future? Do they hire or not?

Thank you very much in advance. :cool:

Engineer
12th Dec 2004, 07:22
Is he not paying his crews cause he is trying to get together the $5000 joining bonus for the new crews :D

Hobo
30th Dec 2004, 16:04
All gone a bit quiet, not in Dubai or HK as of yesterday.

iatsair1
30th Dec 2004, 18:14
S2-ADT was offered for sale to us by Langdon Asset Management early last week. It was scheduled for lease return by AFX at Hahn (HHN/EDFH) on December 29. Langdon plans to return it to the USA and have reserved the previous registration, N801KH for it. They are asking $5 Million US for it.

It is on the AFX mx schedule, that is based on Kalitta's, so it is showing relatively good times remaining on the C & D Checks. From the posts I see here, it sounds like a good aircraft to turn around and run away from. Anybody with enough experience on it to know if throwing money at it would turn it into a good, reliable machine, or would we be just trying to dress a pig up in a silk dress?

The good 747-200 freighters have just disappeared from the market. We are having a terrible time finding any good ones.

Things are definitely on the rebound.

yotter
30th Dec 2004, 18:33
Yes, I've flown many hours in this a/c since it was delivered to Manston this summer. The maindeck cargo handling system worked well, the -7J engines mean the performance isn't great but as you say the hours are relatively low. The main problem from my point of view was the INS updating from a GPS system no one really understood, which meant we never got the RNP of 5 or better to comply with European BRNAV. Send me a PM if you think I can help. Cheers, Y

pilot31
3rd Jan 2005, 12:17
What are latest news from AFX? They started big recruitment wave 2 months ago concerning 3 747s coming and now... silence.
Did anybody pass the selection in December? Mu guess is just no aircraft available at the moment. Any ideas? And how many airplane they have right now in operation? Are the pilots working for AFX happy?
Thanks

VIKING9
3rd Jan 2005, 13:14
My guess is that PB has no money - again, well, none to put into AFX anyway (plenty to line some pockets though I suspect)...

747fanatic
9th Jan 2005, 22:05
WHats the latest?
no sign of S2-ADT

Daft Wader
19th Jan 2005, 11:40
S2ADT is pictured in AMS 16/1/2005 on airliners.net for all of you keeping a weather eye on the situation.
Glad they are still going and good luck to all there especially any ex EAAC crew who were part of the KUL Squadron 2003-2004.
May the farce be with you
Daft Wader
:ok:

Mini B (lol)
19th Jan 2005, 20:58
Love your sense of humour Daft Wader!

pilot31
20th Jan 2005, 02:19
Any news about new aircraft coming?:sad:

Daft Wader
20th Jan 2005, 13:23
Hi Mini B
They can keep my cash they cannot take my somewhat irreverent sense of humour !!!
D Vader (Mr)
:oh:

justforfun
9th Feb 2005, 08:56
Whats the latest with AFX?

JFF

Jes
23rd Feb 2005, 09:55
S2-ADT positioned in from AMS to Manston a couple of weeks ago, and it hasn't moved since.

fatmantoo
24th Feb 2005, 13:10
Maybe it's going to keep the AFX1 a/c from getting lonely...
Or maybe PB is starting his own museum of AFX aircraft at manston ?

justforfun
22nd Mar 2005, 08:12
Whats the latest - anyone have any info?

JFF

VIKING9
22nd Mar 2005, 09:48
Who actually cares what's happening with this excuse of an airline. It's time PB was put to bed and read a bed time story....

EGMH
22nd Mar 2005, 10:06
S2-ADT was still parked up last Wednesday doing nothing.

Looks in a sorry state.

justforfun
23rd Mar 2005, 08:45
Viking9 - regardless of anyones opinion of PB, there are still people employed who have commitments financially and many are good people who may have their own reasons for working for AFX regardless of what happened in the past.

To state "who cares" is a pitiful statement to make, considering livelihoods are at stake. I asked for information on what was happening with the company, not for disparaging remarks...

EGMH: Thanks for the info.

JFF
;)

VIKING9
23rd Mar 2005, 11:22
justforfun and anyone who gets involved in this operation is asking for trouble going by the previous track record of AFX. I'm afraid I don't sympathise with people who get into something knowing full well it's likely to end in tears. Let's face it, there are plenty of aircrew jobs out there with companies with much better, secure offerings. It's my opinion and I'll speak it.

Engineer
23rd Mar 2005, 13:30
It's my opinion and I'll speak it
Yes and it may be the wrong one. Also to make a statement that there are plenty of aircrew jobs out there is slightly presumptious.

Companies like AFX provide an employment source for people who have either retired or have found difficulty in finding the so called decent job. So at least the owner is providing a service.

If you are referring to the quality of service then that is a different matter and is for the individual to accept or decline the T&Cs

Unfortunately the "who cares" attitude is so prevalent today. :{

VIKING9
23rd Mar 2005, 13:34
Engineer does it matter if my opinion is right or wrong ? It's an opinion. As for AFX providing a service, I don't see them flying much do you ?

Having had first hand experience of AFX and PB, I'll stick to my opinion of what they are all about and why people should steer clear or bear the consequences when it all goes wrong - and it will.

justforfun
24th Mar 2005, 07:08
VIKING9, you do not have the monopoly on previous experience with AFX/PB - there are many many people that do... however, thats not the point.

To state "who actually cares..." from a supposed aviation professional just doesn't wash with me - aviation is a small world as we all know, and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion be it positive or negative, but the response to my post was neither sought nor appreciated.
People make their own decisions, and NO the peple that go to work for PB, DO NOT know full well what they are getting into - and if the point of reference for finding that out is pprune, then Ryanair, AFX, My Travel etc etc would have no-one wishing to work there, and thats not the case now is it?

Engineer: You're right, the "who cares" attitude is too prevalent these days.

And back to my original question, I understand the A/C is in Manston doing nothing, is that still the case, has anyone heard anything else on AFX?... oh, and for info, the B747 GGAFX already in Manston, belongs to Boeing and has done for over 2 years it was leased, and then returned after AFX "1" due to pylon defects I believe.

Cheers
JFF

VIKING9
24th Mar 2005, 10:00
JUSTFORFUN and what exactly do you know what I know and don't know?I know PB doesn't pay his staff on time if at all, I've been there and got the t-shirt. AFX is just another company that screws it's employees. How it gets away with it is beyond me. I'm just glad I
decided to keep away from it in it's early days.

So getting back to the original question........it's more important than turning this into a slagging match.

Engineer
24th Mar 2005, 11:16
justforfun

Maybe the shafting Viking9 got at Cougar left a bad taste in the mouth to the extent that any non main stream airline now deserves only negative criticism.:(

One can empathise with his/her comments if s/he suffered in the employment of AFX and Cougar :ok:

As for AFX cargo not flying could it be the fact that the crew validations have expired. The CAAB in Bangladesh only grant a validation for a limited time maximum is a year after that you must obtain a Bangladesh licence

(Edited for spelling and clarity)

justforfun
25th Mar 2005, 06:51
Engineer: Hadn't realised that about the CAAB... is that the issue with the company now, or more problems of "another type"??

Personally I hope they get it sorted out, as they have a good opportunity in the market, and always have had, unfortunately everything and everybody pays the price of AFX "1"....

JFF

ScootCargoOps
14th Oct 2005, 18:16
Anyone know if AFX are still around. I went past 611 Sipson Road this week by Heathrow and saw a house with 3/4 40ft Lorries and 2/3 AFX vehicles.

Is something still going on with them?