View Full Version : Am I really a football player?

Asda
6th Feb 2001, 03:35
According to today's Independent my unit manager considers me to be a 'midfield football player', aware of where the ball and other players are at any one time. Perhaps with PPP NATS is considering jacking in air traffic control and has decided more money could be made with football and the Premier league. This would explain the size of the Swanwick site which, by coincidence, once all the computers are pushed aside, is exactly the same size as an international standard sized football pitch.

I think we should be told.

Find it here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/UK/Transport/2001-02/radar050201.shtml

[This message has been edited by Asda (edited 05 February 2001).]

EarlyGo
6th Feb 2001, 17:12
Cor, does that mean David Beckham would make a really good controller? And would he leave his £100k a week for life in NATS? I can already envisage him on his cadetship - "Tug 3 proceed to the business park innit?" Laaavly. :)

RogerOut
6th Feb 2001, 18:35
Would Jim Baxter pass the medical? Would you want to co-ordinate with Billy Bremner? Do you want to tell Sounness it's his turn to buy the tea :) :) And what would happen if you fell out with Bobby Lennox :) Would Frank MacAvennie have to be put on an all-male watch to aid his concentration :)
- and in a quiet minute would be heard to utter "Wherrz ra plennz?" On an international scale how would Dennis Bergkamp do on his flying training - solo perhaps?

Hmm is there a thread running through that? Who do you think the worst/funniest example of "footballer as ATCO" would be ?
:)

------------------
RogerOut
I Keep Mine Hidden

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Feb 2001, 18:39
Alan Carter!!!!

VectorLine
6th Feb 2001, 19:50
George Best would have fitted in just fine!

Bright-Ling
6th Feb 2001, 21:00
Alan Ball - top squeaky voice!!!

Chilli Monster
6th Feb 2001, 21:23
Not Ruud Gullit - the headset would never have fitted :)

Der SimMeister
7th Feb 2001, 02:35
Bruce Grobbelaar? Would he take a bung for each airmiss?

oh.. and no AFC Bournemouth jokes - ok? :-)

5milesbaby
7th Feb 2001, 03:11
Shaun Goater - imagine the headset over those ears!! and good old Vinny - "if you dont f##k#n descend, I'll f##k#n kneecap you ya f##k#n w##ka" !
:) :) :)

shakinghead
7th Feb 2001, 12:40
Maradonna - will always sent pilots direct to the fix, allegedly.

The Sad ATCO
8th Feb 2001, 01:12
Don't know about NATS management seeing us as footballers. I think we'd have more luck if we swopped them for the board of Hull City!

Kings Arms
8th Feb 2001, 01:58
HD
I think AC 's name is lost on this lot. I always thought he was one of life's Mans Man.

NudgingSteel
9th Feb 2001, 03:56
Anybody remember that old photo of Vinnie Jones clutching Paul Gasgcoine intimately?

A fine example of an offset hold. (which then begs the question, after a period of holding, would VJ have pulled PG off in order to position him?)

Eric T Cartman
9th Feb 2001, 04:22
@ HD / KA
AC a man's man eh ?
Wonder if he remembers falling off a drainpipe he'd climbed up to look thro' the window of a bus garage in Swanley whilst spotting ? What a lad !

Postman Pat
11th Feb 2001, 19:59
Ask AC about a certain BA Super 1-11 and where he found it. No the name is not lost on this board. Are you out there AC. Come on in, the water's lovely.

PP

elandel
14th Feb 2001, 00:37
Postman Pat,

I know he reads the Forum.