View Full Version : Lesser of three evils?

niteflite01
3rd Dec 2000, 04:05
Hmmmm just wondering......

After seeing the three consortia involved in the bidding for our beloved employers I wonder which would be the "better" option of the three in terms of job security, pensions and above all SAFETY???

Personally I've had rather unfavourable experiences with the SERCO mob before, which I shant repeat here. Needless to say I do not wish to go through it all again. They do have somewhat of a "reputation" too.

As for the other two bidders - not sure what to make of them really. The Airline chaps will at least have safety as a primary concern and so may not be as willing to chop staff and funds etc etc. Still, they'll want to pass through the skies for less dosh I suppose - so I'm sure cuts will come from somewhere.

What do you all think then?

As a closing note, I think this whole situation shows what a joke democracy is in this country and just how pointless the house of old farts really is. The governemt obviously cares not for public opinion in the slightest. UP THE REVOLUTION!!!!!

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

egffztzx
3rd Dec 2000, 15:09
If I HAD to make a choice (and I don't want to), I suppose it would be the Airline Group as this "sort" of makes sense - i.e. the air traffic system part owned by the users.

It the Nimbus Consortium that scares me! I do not want to get involved with Serco whatsoever! Plus Prudential Insurance are involved, no doubt eyeing up the pension fund!

get'em to heaven & back
4th Dec 2000, 14:54
i thought the government had agreed to enshrine the pension (for existing staff at least) in legislation?