PDA

View Full Version : I wanna cry!!!

steffi_kel
19th Nov 2004, 22:28
Had my rejection email earlier. Absolutely gutted/devastated etc etc. 12 months is a long long way away!

Is it really NATS policy not to offer feedback? If so then how the heck am I meant to know where I went wrong?!

In a state of utter despair... HELP!!!

Stef

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th Nov 2004, 07:02
I know how you are feeling - been through it myself. Somewhere I have the rejection letter when I applied to become an ATCA.... but I went on to eventually become an ATCO and spent 35 years at it so don't despair.

Apart from NATS there are other employers so don't hesitate to write to every agency which employs ATCOs in the UK, or overseas if you so wish. I ended up working abroad with IAL for a few years before returning to the UK.... that way I had extra experience which got me in as an ATCO.

Good luck whatever happens.... but it's not the end of the World

Waggon rut
20th Nov 2004, 07:56
steffi_kel, I have read somewhere that employers are required to give feed back, for failed applicatons. A european thing, I think. But as aviation is the way it is most people will not push it.

Lock n' Load
20th Nov 2004, 09:20
It may be worth mentioning that plenty of people get in AFTER the first attempt. One of the guys on my course made it on the 3rd attempt.
I got in at the 2nd attempt, and now after 9n years with NATS I work in Canada. So keep your chin up and if ATC is what you really want to do, keep plugging away.

Le 3rd Homme
20th Nov 2004, 09:21
Perhaps you came across as too emotional.
Before you give me a blast ,I was an interviewer for cabin crew positions for several years in the early nineties.I do have a little insight in to these matters.Just an observation from the tone of your post.

CB1
20th Nov 2004, 13:43
At least you had a response, i went back in March and heard nothing. I've just assumed I failed (which I still don't know if I did).

Yes I've tried pestering them but received the b:mad:t 'no feedback line.....I dont want in depth feedback!

steffi_kel
22nd Nov 2004, 11:41
Thanks for the kind words and support guys, gotten over the initial shock and now filling in my application form for Eurocontrol :O

I am not usually an overly emotional person, quite the opposite actually. However, when a disapointment as big as this comes along, not having much experience with rejection, it kind of knocked me for 6. In no way do I mean to sound arrogant because that I certainly am not!

I will try to get some kind of feedback, even if they jusy let me know which interview/s I failed. At least then I have an idea of what I need to improve on.

The recruitment for Eurocontrol sounds a lot more competitive than for NATS. Just as well I'm a rather competitive person so finger's crossed (not that it worked last time!!!)

Thanks again for your replies,

Stef