PDA

View Full Version : Skyservice A319s out of Calgary, Toronto, etc.

Riker
17th Nov 2004, 21:31
I was visiting Calgary last week and I saw a couple of Skyservice A319s sitting on the ramp - they had "conQuest" painted on the tail.

What is it like to fly for Skyservice? Are the A319s primarily flown by ex Canada3000 pilots? Can anyone tell us about the terms and schedule? Would this be a good place to be if you had multiple opportunities? Any impressions?

Cheers

oldebloke
18th Nov 2004, 00:39
An excellent company to work for ,once you know what the company does!!!!!!
Skyservice are a sevice provider-they don't actually run their own airline in that they provide 'lift' for Tour companies..
The tour Co' acquire lift to provide service to known areas(holidays)...At the moment Sky' are being used by Conquest tours and other Co's.In the summer Sky is 'used' by several UK charter firms to provide holiday transport to the Medi',Canaries and as far east as Turkey.In the winter back to Canada to serve the Mex,inner/outer carib......
this means that pilots with the co,until they achieve some seniority,will work out of Canada for the Winter and out of the European terminals for the Summer.......With seniority one can work year round ex Canada....
Second highest paid Charter Company(transAir first)in Canada,exceeding some Sched' Co's....:ok:

Sky \'at the moment operate 320/319,B757and as of the springB767....:D

yyzdub
18th Nov 2004, 08:45
Don't forget about the A330s they have.

Safety Guy
18th Nov 2004, 15:55
The A330s are all but gone. Likely the last one will move on soon as well.:{

oldebloke:

I just figured out who you are! For the record, I never thought of you as olde, just "experienced". Are you doing any flying these days?

SG

lead zeppelin
18th Nov 2004, 17:39
I've heard very good things about this company.

fatbus
30th Nov 2004, 03:53
i've heard very bad

Safety Guy
30th Nov 2004, 22:00
Funny, I've heard that EK is no picnic either. I know some guys who regret the decision to leave SSV for EK, but they'll never admit it over there, for fear of being REP'd. Show me paradise in aviation, and I'll show you some great real estate deals in south-central Florida.

goates
1st Dec 2004, 19:28
I don't know much about the working conditions etc., but my flight to Cancun last week went very well. It was booked through Conquest Vacations and was on a Skyservice A319. All of the staff were very friendly and professional. I think the Captain on the return flight was a Brit, although I may have misplaced his accent (if I did, I apologise!).

Can't say much about the in flight food though. :yuk:

goates

dooner
10th Dec 2004, 10:05
Safety Guy:

I know all the C3/SSV guys who came to EK and only one guy is openly regretting leaving SSV.

Not many regrets about coming here, at least not from the gang who meet regularly on the first tee.

Some are understandably unhappy about their upgrade plans being put back, if that is what you are referring to. Having just finished my upgrade I can see now how they feel, as life has definitly taken a turn for the better, even more so than it was at home.

Dooner

:ok: