PDA

View Full Version : eurocontrol

m&v
28th Sep 2001, 07:48
What will be the ramifications,with french airspace for example,with the addoption of eurocontrol??????
Cheers :eek:

ProceduralVector
28th Sep 2001, 17:32
M&V
What are you trying to imply with this post??
Are the french giving up some of their airspace ???
What have you heard??

Avman
29th Sep 2001, 10:24
????????????????????????????? :confused:

ATC Watcher
30th Sep 2001, 10:59
The ramifications are infinite !But the most spectacular one will be that French will become the official language for all R/T communications above Europe ! Like in 1918 !
Merde Alors !

m&v
30th Sep 2001, 21:41
I'm in the dark,as well as the next bloke,re 'eurocontrol'
I was curious if there was any 'Over age 60'relief,with the adoption of 'Eurocontrol??
At the moment French Airspace age restrictions conflict with the EU age standard(65),due I believe to the federal working age limit?? :rolleyes:

160to4DME
30th Sep 2001, 22:53
Blimey

Eurocontrol provide relief for the over 60s .....preferably by blonde scandinavians.

"Time for your daily relief sir"

Vive la Eurocontrol !! :D :D :D

[ 30 September 2001: Message edited by: 160to4DME ]

GroundBound
1st Oct 2001, 14:06
Well, Eurocontrol has been going since 1963, so that's maybe not what you are thinking about.
Do you have the RVSM (Reduced Vertical Separation Minima) program in mind, which Eurocontrol is managing for the whole of ECAC, including France of course?
Or are you thinking of the European Union and its effect on aviation rules?

m&v
2nd Oct 2001, 21:40
Ground Bound,your probably quite right(getting it wrong)..Our outfit had some over 60 people operating out of the UK.These guys were subsequently sent to other areas of flying-in compliance with the 'French airspace'age restrictions.They were lead to believe that in the near future the 'age'issue would be resolved,with the mention of Eurocontrol..As no differences are envisioned,I assume(dangerous)that the status will stay the same..
Thanks for the imput,cheers ;)