PDA

View Full Version : TAG and NATS

Take up the Hold
27th Sep 2001, 01:22
There was a big meeting today in London attended by all SMG. Unions were also briefed yesterday. Briefings to staff to start next week. Something big is about to break. Does anyone have info or rumours?

Legs11
27th Sep 2001, 23:24
They are selling out to serco!

BEXIL160
27th Sep 2001, 23:44
Rumour 1:

Voluntary redundancies to be offered to a LARGE number of office staff and Managers. Plausible.

Rumour 2:

The much heralded NERC delay anouncement. The reasoning goes something like this. The Airlines are going to have a pretty tough time of it in the next year or so. Delays really hit them hard in the wallet (where it HURTS). NERC will mean serious delays at least for a few MONTHS, even with the reduced traffic levels the airlines are planning. Can they afford financially to take the hit? No.

Keeping LATCC AC open at least keeps delays managable. It might also give time write the Fall Backs for NERC (not done yet) and the COMPLETE safety case (also not done). Oh, and we might get some more OCT.

Plausible? Your guess is as good as mine.

Rgds BEX

PA7
28th Sep 2001, 00:14
An e-mail just in states that 20% of managers and non operational staff are to go within the next 12 months. Seems that TAG have jumped on the band wagon to off load staff. What next sell off the airports?

Co ordination unaffected
28th Sep 2001, 01:32
PA7
If this is the case, then, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the turkeys voted for Christmas, anticipating rich share options and such like.

They deserve everything they don't get.

How many will be trying desperately to revalidate before the axe falls? Oh how I wish I were an OJTI.

Here's hoping that the cretin who came to the college and told us to sign the new contracts or leave is among their number.

So Communication is an area where they're trying to improve matters. Can I swop 200 copies of Airspace for a new pen please?

PA7
28th Sep 2001, 02:12
C o U
They pushed for PPP now they pay the price and to think they will also have to hand back all those worthless shares...pity.

I'll keep the the pen, don't need any more toilet paper. :p

Legs11
28th Sep 2001, 16:00
I still reckon they're selling out :D :D

Cuddles
28th Sep 2001, 22:54
Re. airspace

Look at the crossword clues on the back page, Nostradamus couldn't have done a better job!

PS Just when did Danny the drug dealer from Withnail and I get a job at 1 KS?

:D