View Full Version : Change of airspace around Biggin

foghorn
26th Jan 2001, 17:04
I think that this will be the forum where people are most in the know about this:

I've heard rumours that there are proposals to change the airspace configuration around Biggin Hill.

Does anyone have any details on what the new airspace configuration will look like?

Cheers!
Foggy

5milesbaby
27th Jan 2001, 02:58
There was a new re-sectorisation on 25th (3am ish) whereby a new sector layer has been introduced above the terminal control, (FL175-FL215 generally) the middle sector has had its lower and upper limits changed and also its boundaries moved, and the upper sector lower limits and boundaries have changed too! Maybe this is what you heard?? Should be in the AIP.

Euroc5175
28th Jan 2001, 22:21
The major airspace changes over the next few years affecting the TC airspace will be primarily on the north bank, i.e. to the north of the Thames.

TC Capital was introduced but earlier this week, but only affects flights above FL175.

Until Biggin's expansion plans are established, longer term airspace requirements cannot be determined. It could be that you've heard a rumour about an additional dedicated hold for London City traffic?

ATCO Two
29th Jan 2001, 03:10
Hi foghorn,

I suspect you are interested in possible airspace changes at lower levels around Biggin? If so e-mail me and I will try to help.

foghorn
29th Jan 2001, 20:36
Atco Two,

Affirm, e-mail on its way.