PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using/used Sennheiser HMEC 200 headsets ?

concordino
15th Nov 2004, 14:07
Recently contemplating getting a used pair of Sennheiser HMEC 200 headsets, with active noise guard (ANR) and interested to know any user tips, battery endurance ( this one uses four AA batteries).

Any info much appreciated. :)

Capt Claret
16th Nov 2004, 00:55
concordino,

I'm not familiar with the Sennheiser model you ask about but have recently purchased a Bose Aviation X. 99 hours out of two AA alkaline batteries prior to changing, with some use still left.

The headset is the most comfortable I've used and its noise cAncelling is fantastic. Some colleagues who use Sennheiser HMEC 25 are quite impressed.

Looklively
18th Nov 2004, 15:52
Concordino.

My opinion, if you have the cash go for the Bose X, dont have a set myself (cannot afford) but get to use them occasionally...ooooh the luxury

NoGlassinCockpit
19th Nov 2004, 10:55
Concordino.

Just bought a BOSE myself after some deliberation between that and the Senn. Spoke to a guy called ASH at Airtours? at Biggin. Guy is a good help , knows his stuff.

concordino
22nd Nov 2004, 18:57
Thank you all for responding. The deal is too good to pass on this headset, I have had the chance to actualy try it and have only one complaints and that is excessive battery consumption.

The owner used it with aircraft electrical power which doesn't exsist on my plane and a brand new AA batteries lasted just under six hours.

I have just gotten high capacity rechargeable NiMH batteries and so far so good.

The Bose X model is realy nice but way out of my budget espcialy with this one at a bargain price.

Do any of you use Aircraft electrical power instead of batteries to power the ANR ?

406pilot
24th Nov 2004, 07:35
hi there concordino,

i started off with david clark h-13.4,but was amazed with the anr when a friend demonstrated his lightspeed model..
i ordered my own lightspeed anr's almost the next day and havent looked back.since these headset comes with audio/cellular interphase with "auto mute" which works quite well on long haul flights and with auto mute u never miss a clearance either..

keep it up there fellows
no more 406pilot

ps:tried the bose x aswell looks quite good but apart from the extra price i didnt see much difference on the active noise cancelling properties.