PDA

View Full Version : What a nice day!

Gertrude the Wombat
14th Nov 2004, 13:37
Could see pretty well the whole of East Anglia from 9,000' above Diss this morning.

(Made a bit of a nonsense of the nav planning, though - no real need for lines on the map and watches and waypoints and so on when you can see pretty well the whole route in one go.)

Flyin'Dutch'
14th Nov 2004, 15:55
I'd say a brilliant weekend.

Some great nightflying from Wellesbourne last night and a great day for strip flying and a sarnie run to Conington.

Fantastic to chase those winterblues awary for a bit!

d192049d
14th Nov 2004, 17:19
Couldnt agree more!!

Completley hands off at 5000' over Chatsworth looking West a clear view of Manchester and the Mersey Estuary beyond. Just wish the right hand seat wasnt empty so I could share the joy.

Its what flying was what I used to dream about!!

rotorcraig
14th Nov 2004, 18:13
We managed a sarnie run into Conington too.

R22 from Sywell - arrived 1015 and lifted 1100 approx.

RC

Aim Far
15th Nov 2004, 09:06
I was annoyed on Saturday to have to spend it inside due to a prior commitment. But a Sunday spent low level in the peak district, lunch at Sherburn and back to North Weald in the setting sun soon restored the balance.

Mike Cross
15th Nov 2004, 11:49
Similar story
Saturday spent building bookshelves.

On Sunday I had a delightful flight in the Luscombe from Popham to Kemble for lunch. Bumped into AndyR and Irv at AV8.

Was that Monocock I saw in a maroon Luscombe with a silver fin heading north-west over Hungerford around 15:10?

When you can see South Marston from Popham it does make the nav easy.:p

Monocock
15th Nov 2004, 11:59
Hi Mike

T'was me!! I was off for a bit of cloud dancing.....:cool:

bcfc
15th Nov 2004, 12:53
Agree, it was an A1 weekend.

Had a wierd experience on Saturday. Went to Compton and when I changed onto 122.70, the world and his missus seemed to be on frequency. I then started hearing calls for Bodmin (understandable), St Mawgan (less understandable), Sywell (OK, but surprising) and position calls stating north of St Albans (no idea!).

I assumed the weather/atmospheric conditions were perect for radio transmissions.

Anyway, another eye opener was the fact I took off with a 4kt north-westerly and arrived at Compton in a 19kt north-easterly. :ooh:

BeauMan
15th Nov 2004, 13:11
Saturday was fab wasn't it? I'd booked the club Warrior for an hour to take the new BeauWoman up for her first go, and we couldn't have asked for clearer and calmer conditions over Cambridgeshire. Off at 12.30, gentle wander down to see her parents house, waggle the wings at a very pretty little yellow Cub following the A1 south at Biggleswade, track up north to waggle the wings at BeauWoman's neighbours, then a climb up to 6500' to see just how far we could see. Hmm, nice view of Northampton, Peterborough, Bury St Edmunds and all points in between. Perfect day for a chug. Problem was, the world and his granny all seemed to have the same idea, poor old Cambridge ATC had to ask us to hold off for a while when we came back so they could find us a gap in the circuit.

RichyRich
15th Nov 2004, 14:32
We managed a sarnie run into Conington too.
R22 from Sywell - arrived 1015 and lifted 1100 approx

Indigestion by 1115 due to rushed sarnie?;)

cblinton@blueyonder.
15th Nov 2004, 16:33
Went to Peranporth Saturday, it was a fab day and surprised how quiet it was. Flew back at night in a cloud free sky:O

Are the shelves still up Mike??:{

VP8
15th Nov 2004, 17:24
Twas in deed a pleasant day yesterday.

Took the mighty steed upto Clacton with a girly who'd never been in a small aircraft and enjoyed such apleasant day she's looking at having ago herself!!

VEEPS :ok:

Gertrude the Wombat
15th Nov 2004, 17:43
poor old Cambridge ATC had to ask us to hold off for a while when we came back so they could find us a gap in the circuit I had no trouble getting back, but had to queue to take off ... calling "ready for departure, no. 2 at alpha" (whilst no. 1 was waiting for landing traffic) is not an everyday experience at Cambridge.

NO7BCM
17th Nov 2004, 00:18
One may have missed the weekend but this one had the pleasure today of uncluttered sky, next-to-nil (cross)wind and a re-positioning flight that put the soul back into the body.

One hopes the nine-to-fives (well, some of you) had to envy one, just this once.

Impersonally galumphing on this frabjous day,
cc
:D

Andy_R
18th Nov 2004, 02:52
T'was me!! I was off for a bit of cloud dancing.....

Do you always do touch and go's to 2000' ??? :cool: ;)