PDA

View Full Version : Another week, another tick!

AerBabe
13th Nov 2004, 21:44
After last week's success at finally getting my tailwheel sign-off, today I got my microlight/Thruster sign-off!

Having done just under 2 hours in it back in May, I thought it would take a little while. But after just three circuits my instructor had had enough and told me he wanted to go home. Unfortunately, the cross wind was a little too much for flying without the extra ballast... so he had the priviledge of being my first passenger.

I shall henceforth be known as Propellaerbabe. :E

Andy_R
14th Nov 2004, 00:46
Congratulations propellaerbabe :ok:

Flyin'Dutch'
14th Nov 2004, 07:47
Well done!

FD

LowNSlow
14th Nov 2004, 09:03
Congratulations. Now you need to practice your short field grass landings and mud removal techniques :uhoh:

You can get a different t-shirt now Propellaerbabe . Instead of the Remove Before Flight one you can get a Taildragger Pilots Do It Better t-Shirt :ok: :ok:

AerBabe
14th Nov 2004, 09:27
I already have plans for my next t-shirt.

Front: "Lovely pair of Bristols..."
Back: Photo of a Blenheim :=

Kolibear
14th Nov 2004, 20:47
Hi PB,

The T-shirts already been done :O

When they were raising money for the second rebuild, the Blenheim team were selling a T-shirts with two Bristol Mercury radials in the appropriate positions with the legend underneath 'Happiness is big Bristols'.

And no, I didn't buy her one.

Oh, and well done on your new rating - I'm looking forward to a trip in the WonderFlymo

Rallye Driver
15th Nov 2004, 08:28
Congratulations PAB. How was your flight in the Yak yesterday afternoon at Duxford?

We had fun landing back at Southend as the sun was low and straight down the runway - could hardly see a thing!

RD

AerBabe
16th Nov 2004, 15:16
Thanks RD!
The Yak flight was a little more sedate than last time - some nice lazy aeros and playing in the cloud tops. Unfortunately, the weather was starting to close in, so Lowtimer had to get back.

Sorry again for not recognising your Yak. I guess if you actually talked to me on the radio I would have recognised your registration. :rolleyes: :p

sycamore
16th Nov 2004, 22:06
P-AB, catching-on fast then!! Rumour Control had it you were on sick-leave ?? How are your little tootsies ? Got some pink fluffy slippers? Well Done , anyway!!!!! `DP........:ok:

AerBabe
17th Nov 2004, 08:10
Watcha, trouble.
Yes... I have been on sick leave. I don't have much choice when I can't use the clutch on the work vehicles and can't walk very far. Tootsies very much better now, thank you - just waiting for a trip to a nice male nurse from occupational health with a foot fetish to let me come back now. :rolleyes: How did I break my toes? I kicked the last pilot who gave me a smart-arse answer to "Could I have your registration please?" :}

When do you want to swap flights?

Kolibear
17th Nov 2004, 09:58
I kicked the last pilot who gave me a smart-arse answer to "Could I have your registration please?"

What did he do - leave the 'Golf' off the front?? :O