PDA

View Full Version : NotamPlot missing NOTAM

mark147
13th Nov 2004, 11:04
I've just been planning a flight for tomorrow and having already had a quick glance at the NOTAMs using NotamPlot, I thought I'd get a briefing from the AIS site because I can then update it in the morning and check for anything new.

Imagine my surprise when the AIS briefing includes the following, which as far as I can tell appears nowhere in the 'plotted' or 'non-plotted' lists returned by NotamPlot.

RAC : A)EGLF FROM 04/11/14 14:15 TO 04/11/14 15:15 B2106/04
E) AUS 04-11-0333/4608/AS6
TEMPO CONTROLLED AIRSPACE(CLASS A)ESTABLISHED AS FOLLOWS
TEMPO CONTROLLED CTR CIRCLE 10NM RADIUS CENTRED ON FARNBOROUGH
SFC/FL050 1415/1515. CONTROL AUTHORITY FARNBOROUGH ATC
F)SFC G)FL050

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? This is quite an important one to be missing!

Mark

High Wing Drifter
13th Nov 2004, 11:18
I just did a narrow route NOTAM EGLK-EGLK with a 20nm width and it didn't appear. I had to either specify EGLF as the destination or go via a specific point such as CPT. I wouldn't nornally use NR like that BTW, but I guess I might if I just wanted to get a quick NOTAM for a general handling flight in the VC.

Mike Cross
13th Nov 2004, 17:23
HWD

The Narrow Route Brief gives you by default a rectangle 10nm either side of your track. It also gives you any NOTAM affecting the ATZ of your departure and destination aerodromes.

If therefore you do what you did you will get no en-route NOTAM as your route is zero length.

As you suggest the answer is to stick in a waypoint or a different detination. However please bear in mind that what you get is a rectangle plus the ATZ's. not a radius round the a/d's.

mark147
13th Nov 2004, 17:48
A few hours later and NotamPlot now shows the offending NOTAM. Perhaps it was just bad timing and it hadn't reached AvBrief when I looked this morning.

M.

High Wing Drifter
13th Nov 2004, 20:32
Mike,

As you suggest the answer is to stick in a waypoint or a different detination. However please bear in mind that what you get is a rectangle plus the ATZ's. not a radius round the a/d's.
Yes I know. I don't know why I thought that. Just a wee brain fart on my part. Thanks for pointing out my inadequacies ;)