PDA

View Full Version : Cashflow problems at NATS

Captain Windsock
21st Sep 2001, 17:57
I'm beggining to hear that NATS has a major cashflow problem and that Barclays have forestalled on a loan to TAG.

Does anybody know what is going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dan Dare
21st Sep 2001, 20:49
We have been told not to buy any envelopes/paper/pens for cost cutting reasons. When things get that desprate I think times are tough

Warwick Hunt
21st Sep 2001, 23:12
So the unfounded rumours persist. Loads of fanciful stories stating that 'B' Bank has pulled out of the airline group. A load of nonsence. I was told that NATS had run out of money and would not pay salaries this month. RUBBISH!

Snellington
22nd Sep 2001, 03:14
I'd start worrying about jobs if I were you.
TAG will cut costs draconically and if traffic levels drop significantly then it'll be last one in first one out. NERC will be the first casualty, although with no traffic there'll be a load of staff to cover all the stupid positions. Trainees are gonna validate easier and quicker adding to the wage bill and The Airline Group will soon be pleading with the Govt. to be released from this crazy privatisation.
Our only hope then will be Eurocontrol which will easily assimilate debts etc. (more money aswell!)

Just a thought!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Sep 2001, 17:05
If anyone thinks there's a problem with aviation they should have been in TC last afternoon (Friday). It was going bananas and the Heathrow landing rate was well up for hours on end. Nothing like the situation during the Gulf War when everything seemed to stop...

160to4DME
22nd Sep 2001, 17:36
Heathrow Director

How very true

MACC movements last week, I believe, showed the largest weekly year-on-year increase yet for 2000/2001.

<<Waiting for the new signs in the ablutions:

:EACH VISIT LIMITED TO 2 PIECES OF LOO ROLL:

:D ;) :rolleyes: :p :) :D

Don't Look Now
22nd Sep 2001, 18:13
Dear all ex-colleagues at NATS,

I've just been told recently by the board of directors at the swiss national air traffic services (got to withold the name otherwise will be shot at dawn) that we are definitely in a cashflow crisis situation!(and for the swiss to be short of money!) We have been privatised for quite a while now and although we will not be getting rid of any m controllers in the near future the numbers will certainly not be going up! At least here, however, we are not stopping investment in future for new equipment etc.

DLN

bagpuss lives
22nd Sep 2001, 21:58
And I can't believe that the penny pinching starts with "stationary and computer consumables" :(

With a top heavy-by-far organisation surely it'd be much more "cost effective" in the long run to rid ourselves of the driftwood of upper and middle management?

Never mind pens, printer cartridges, paper and quills and gawd knows what else willb e next. As mentors countrywide often say - get rid of the dead wood!

160to4DME
22nd Sep 2001, 22:35
Have to chuckle when I see "new management" training to revalidate.

Must have been good whilst it lasted, eh ;)

Any news from yesterday's crisis meeting yet ?

brown trousers
23rd Sep 2001, 00:02
160to4DME

you forgot the following off you sign....

PLEASE USE BOTH SIDES :D

BT.
trust me...there supposed to be this colour ;)

letMfly
23rd Sep 2001, 22:38
Come back Serco, all is forgiven?? :rolleyes:

NextLeftAndCallGround
24th Sep 2001, 03:05
Hey LetMFly - you didn't believe all that propaganda peddled by NATS last year did you?

Maybe everyone in those NATS ivory towers or ivory gymnasiums should take a look outside occasionally and do a reality check on what your management tell you!!

recommended spacing
24th Sep 2001, 04:52
Next left,
The vew from my ivory tower is great I just keep looking towards that nice pension I'm gonna get.
As for believing what management say, I don't think anybody in NATS believes a wod our esteemed leaders utter, and we're looking forward to watching them try an re-validate when TAG start to realise just how top heavy we are!

recommended spacing
24th Sep 2001, 22:26
Bono, I woldn't dream of it, I'm sure they'll get every bit of support they deserve from their mentors, after all a good trainee has to earn the respect of their colleagues and we already respect them don't we????

sector8dear
26th Sep 2001, 02:05
The current situation just goes to confirm the absurdity of trying to make a commercial company out of an essential service.

20% cut in drawing pins achieved - so all should be well now.....oh hell... :D :D

160to4DME
26th Sep 2001, 13:29
Ho Hum, what a topsy turvey world we live in:

Cut backs on stationary, use your red and green pens until they run dry, save the hole punch circles for recycling, but we'll send valid people down to college to cross train and release them for a unit transfer.

What kind of message does that send out to the staff??

Now, someone please tell me I'm being unjustly cynical. :(

ayrprox
27th Sep 2001, 16:21
:( It may be worse than that, we may have to buy our own pens.
On a more serious note most watches up here have recently had meetings which were not exactly what you would call optimistic. McNerc (or the soon to be Ikea ) may be delayed. Equipment for the new centre will probably be off the shelf stuff ( probably not a bad thing because at least it will work), instead of custom made. One of the most concerning was that our new lords and masters seemed to be considering cutting back ATCO & ATSA numbers by 20% almost immediately.It was explained that this was not feasable, so in order to save jobs we may have to work harder (possibly 7 on and only 3 off).
Now we are told that any suggestions will be subject to union approval so watch this space
:confused: :confused: :confused: