PDA

View Full Version : Any old charts?

Kolibear
12th Nov 2004, 12:48
Has anyone got an old chart of Northern England & Southern Scotland that they'd like to donate to a good home - i.e me!

I'm looking for either a quarter mil of The Borders, or a half mil of Northern England and Northern Ireland.

And before you all chorus 'go out & buy one -you tight ***'' , I will, when the time comes.

The reasons for asking (begging) are simple - I have a sister who lives just south of Glasgow and next year, I'd like to fly up to see them all. At which point I'll get a new chart. The second is more prosaic, I like maps. My quarter mil runs out of paper at Leeming, a gliding site called Bleese Hall and I'd like to know if there is life north of Scarborough.

So the deal is this - if anyone has an old chart that they are willing to part with, let me know and I'll PM you my address and (and IFR likes this bit) I'll also donate £5 to the pprune fund.

J.A.F.O.
13th Nov 2004, 14:08
I have an unbelievably out of date half mil, it's so out of date it shows the roman road to Hadrian's Wall as under construction and above that it just says HERE BE DRAGONS.

You're welcome to it, though.

gingernut
13th Nov 2004, 15:47
there's a couple of charts on e-bay at the moment, sorry don't know the scale, but the opening bid is 99p. They are in the "pilots gear" section.

J.A.F.O.
14th Nov 2004, 15:00
I've checked, it's actually an Edition 10 Northern England and Northern Ireland.

I see from the sticker that it cost me £6.50, so it's got to be a smidge out of date by now.

Still, it's yours if you want it.

Keef
14th Nov 2004, 21:38
I've got a Sheet 2171AB Northern England and Northern Ireland Edition 26 (dated 2003) that you're more than welcome to.

PM me an address, and it'll be on its way.

J.A.F.O.
15th Nov 2004, 01:01
So, Keef's is Edition 26 and mine Edition 10; blimey. I think I'll keep it for the next time The Antique's Roadshow comes to town.

jabberwok
15th Nov 2004, 03:33
Just had a dig around and I still have Southern England Edition 4 dated 1962.

Amazing just how many airfields have disappeared since then..

Croqueteer
15th Nov 2004, 08:06
I've got a half million which shows East Mids as disused, and Burnaston active. I am keeping it though, as I like to leave it visible in my aircraft at fly ins!

Kolibear
15th Nov 2004, 14:01
Thanks J.A.F.O for the offer but if you don't mind, I'll take up Keef's.

Keef, please peruse your PMs.

helicopter-redeye
15th Nov 2004, 14:19
Care with the airspace just south of Glasgae as it is now Prestwick Class D and only just on the new charts"

h=r

NB I've got an old chart with Finningley as 'active' and no airport at all at Sheffield. I'm going to keep it for when it reopens as Robin-Hood-Doncaster-Sheffield-International in the New Year and Sheffield gets built on. Will save buying a new chart!