PDA

View Full Version : What price anonymity?? or "Do unto others...."

Lon More
22nd Nov 2001, 22:29
nullReposted under a new subject to prevent confusion
TT can sometimes be a pain in the 'arris - this is caused in the main by a lack of blood flow to the brain during his formative years spent "dunundda"; gravity having to suck much harder there to keep him on the planet. Now that he is allowed to stand the right way up he is suffering from a hyper active brain due to a normal blood circulation.
However, and not withstanding your personal opinions of him, there is no reason for certain persons from E watch at LATCC to attempt to discover TT's identity from "lower management" at EDYY, especially in the light of an almost paranoic obsession in maintaining their own anonymity.

In the beginning of my career I was proud to have been employed in first the Min of A, unhappy in the Campaign Against Aviation, and ecstatic that I have nothing to do with the present Sod's Opera. Many of the problems appear to be of your own making and if it stops the whining I am all for a separate forum for NATs staff - in the words of a certain TV presenter,You are the weakest links, goodbye

TrafficTraffic
23rd Nov 2001, 01:35
Ahh LonMore, I read that with a tear in my eye,I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of rugged mountain ranges ....

But I digress, all too easily, It does appear rather strange that my close and personal friends at LATCC, we know who you are, would like to remove my mask and cape, especially as you say they appear quite paranoid about their own anonymity.

As these are anonymous forums....

Remember reading that at the bottom of all the forums? Lets try and keep it nice and gentleman-like (ladies welcome) but if you want to play out in the Traffic, who knows what might happen....

Big Nose1
23rd Nov 2001, 02:45
Ahh LonMore, I read that with a tear in my eye,I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of rugged mountain ranges ....

Traffic, so you are from Wales after all.!!
So dissapointing.

[ 22 November 2001: Message edited by: Big Nose1 ]

divingduck
23rd Nov 2001, 03:38
Hey Lon, dont' worry, he was a pain in the 'arris, as you so eloquently put it, long before he started standing up the wrong way!
Why on earth would anyone WANT to know his ID? :rolleyes:
As the man himself said...it's anonymous :rolleyes:

TrafficTraffic
23rd Nov 2001, 20:04
Why on earth would anyone WANT to know his ID?

Talent Scout?
ICAO - for advice?
TAG - for help on staff morale?
Tom Cruise - wants me to be his stunt double(again) ;)
George W. Bush - wants to ask who the president of Pakistan is?
Steve Waugh - wants to ask about his stance?
LATCC staff - you know, the one who sent the email to our training section?

Come on Duck, the list is long and distinguished, people are always asking for help and wanting to be close to me....speaking of being close, how are the Camels - Duck???

:eek: :p :eek: :p

Great Unmanaged
23rd Nov 2001, 21:08
Mask and cape - skirt and rubber undies more like. So I have been told by people living near tha Maas.... :D

PPRuNe Radar
24th Nov 2001, 23:01
Just to put the official stance from PPRuNe on this issue.

We don't guarantee complete anonymity because we can't - there are agencies who could tap PPRuNe internet traffic to postively identify individual posters for example. Software bugs, user error, etc. could also reveal clues to someone's identity. For example if PPRuNers broadcast the fact to others, or leave clues, for example by logging on to a company PC at work. However, both the latter can be prevented by individuals taking care should they wish to remain anonymous.

At PPRuNe we are proud that we take all steps we can to protect the anonymity of our users, and we will not give out any details without a court order or something similar.

In the abscence of a legal obligation to pass on this data, then whether a company or private individual requests this information from PPRuNe, another PPRuNer, or from another company, the answer is the same. In each case there is no requirement for anyone to provide such information and all requests should simply be declined.

At the end of the day, we will always get people trying to find out who certain individuals are on the site. The simple answer is that they will not get this information from anyone at PPRuNe and nor can they expect to coerce anyone outside PPRuNe to pass on the information.

I would suggest that any further requests are given the respect they deserve and filed in the bin !!

TrafficTraffic
25th Nov 2001, 02:02
Thanks for your message Radar.

Nobody was suggesting that PPRune would give out such information. The dismay was at the double standards of some people. Whilst we noticed an ever increasing paranoia in certain areas about keeping anonymous and the introduction of a NATS only forum (you know my motto - see you there) we were marginally surprised when a request was made by someone supposedly from NATS (why would you pretend to be!) to Maastricht's training section about my identity.

It was never suggested that PPRUNE would be involved. I think you guys at PPRune do a great job and I enjoy rubbing shoulders (keyboards) with other ATCO's, aircrew and other undesirables.

Oh
yeah
any comments about the Rugby League score....???

No i thought not. :D

Scott Voigt
25th Nov 2001, 02:36
Gee, you don't have that problem of looking over your shoulder all of the time when you just use your real name <G>... You don't have to remember who you are for each different BBS <BG>...

Nice weekend to all of you ...

regards

TrafficTraffic
25th Nov 2001, 11:12
How do we KNOW you are really Scott Voigt??
:rolleyes:

Gonzo
25th Nov 2001, 19:08
Good point Scott,

Brought back memories of AVSIG and the glory days of CompuServe!

Gonzo.

Scott Voigt
26th Nov 2001, 09:34
Traffic;

Well you can ask a couple of folks at LATCC, Scotish and Maastricht about me <G>. I have ref...

Gonzo;

Yup the days of AVSIG are indeed nice. I still participate there but through the internet since it is CHEAPER <G>....

regards

Douglas Spragg
26th Nov 2001, 16:21
Well I can understand Scott's viewpoint, I go under my own name - I retire at the end of the year so no real promotion problems there!! BUT, I do understand my colleagues wishes to remain anonymous so that honestly held viewpoints can be openly aired - these fora are healthy for letting off feelings.
Scott and I met at the Washington ATCA show, so I'll vouch for him as well :)

Big Nose1
27th Nov 2001, 04:03
Traffic

Would be delighted to comment on the Rugby League......well played to the Aussies, over the 3 games you deserved to win. :cool:

Sorry to dissapoint you, old chap.

Must go, got to book tickets to Japan and South Korea next Summer :D :D

TrafficTraffic
28th Nov 2001, 18:27
Make sure you get the room on a day to day basis!

I thought we were lucky to get away with 3 - 0

:(

Cheers