PDA

View Full Version : Radar Radar

Lon More
17th Sep 2001, 00:57
A pity this developed into a slanging match.
I can assure you that TT is a controller, he is not a NATS reject, but a an ex-instructor who has recently returned to ATC duties.
As such he is not very tolerant of "bad" working practices, or the pompous, and unfortunately there are a number of people at LATCC who give him ample targets.
it is a pity that as morale there declines the high standards there do indeed appear to be somewhat lower than in the past.
:(

Bright-Ling
17th Sep 2001, 11:38
Maybe there is a correlation between far higher workload and the seemingly lower standards that you describe.

I think that I am right in saying that most ATCO's also despise "bad" working practices and pompousity.

Not sure that this has developed into a slanging match..... just more a response to the first punch taken by TT.

I have (almost) no doubt that this man is experienced, a good controller and speaks strongly for his values.

BUT, why the constant attack on NATS/LATCC? Why start threads such as "It hurts me to say it..." and "NATS controllers whinge here..."? :confused:

I am at pains to understand his rationale, but find it all a bit confusing!!!!

TrafficTraffic
19th Sep 2001, 13:41
The Cheque is in the Mail .... as they say Lon More, what happened with the "...hes a really good controller" part...?

BrightLing, I thought you said I had way to much time on my hands? Its all in good fun, the "...it hurts me to say it.." was just that, even a veiled compliment wasnt accepeted as should have been.