PDA

View Full Version : QF Q's

takeonme
9th Nov 2004, 09:26
ok just a little help with a few answers.

qantas sim in the 767-300 or 747-300? true?

both analogue cockpits?

normal duration of sim check??

just fly? no radio calls?

thank you, roger, over and out

swh
9th Nov 2004, 10:06
The 767 was touted by Boeing as being the first two man “glass cockpit”.

From what I have heard, the 747 classic is not longer being used due to breakdown and/or being up for sale, and rides being conducted on the 767.

Actual content of the ride has been covered before, I think you will find it’s a general instrument handling and chart reading skills being assessed, not radio proficiency.

Good luck

:ok:

Tuner 2
9th Nov 2004, 10:41
Yep, it's conducted in the 767 sim.

Keg
9th Nov 2004, 12:50
762 Sim. Whether they've converted it to 763 or not yet I don't recall. We got a brief recently about the 'differences' considering that we don't need the 762 as part of our system any more.

767 is 'partial glass'. IE, glass EHSI and EADI and analogue ASI, ALT, RDMI and IVSI- although the IVSI is glass too but still the old display.

Dunno.

Think so.

If you want to, you can actually pay to do some time in it before the sim. Call QF on (02) 9691-3636, ask for Flight Training and then ask to speak to the 'outside sales' person and you want some time for the sim. I have no idea on costs.

Hope that helps. :}

Hugh Jarse
10th Nov 2004, 21:15
qantas sim in the 767-300 or 747-300? true?
767-200 but apparently to be decomissioned soon.

both analogue cockpits?
Like Keg wrote.

normal duration of sim check??
55 mins.

just fly? no radio calls?
Correct.

Good luck. :ok:

Naval Lint
13th Nov 2004, 11:12
Did it a few months back.

40 mins in 762 for me.

Steep turns, climbing turns, mainting levels, intecepts at Epping and Bolinda (MEL). Twin Locator, ILS, sector entry(2, I think), holding, radar vectored onto ILS down to minima, 1 Missed Approach and one landing (not assessed?).

You can hire the old Ansett 762 sim with an instructor for $800 an hour - (lots do it!) - well worth it!

The instructor will talk to you during the check - (presumably to see if you have any spare mental capactiy.)

Don't forget to try to use good SOP's and remain situationally aware all the time (it really helps!).

Good luck