PDA

View Full Version : Highest regulatory authority?

Fly Stimulator
8th Nov 2004, 11:28
I had thought that EASA now represented the pinnacle of aviation regulation in Europe, but I have just come across an air traffic rule that derives from an altogether higher (in every sense) authority.

Having planned a trip this coming Sunday, I was startled to discover the following, hitherto overlooked, injunction from Matthew XXIX:

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

This obviously trumps the ANO, but I'm concerned that my imperfect knowledge of biblical aeronautical rules could result in more inadvertent breaches. Does anybody know of any more that I may have missed?

Kolibear
8th Nov 2004, 11:38
You'll probably be granted an exemption, as the Sabbath day is saturday.

Tinstaafl
8th Nov 2004, 15:04
That's a christian document so safe to say it doesn't apply in countries with other dominant religions. Or to those who don't recognise that creed's authority I should imagine...

What a marketing opportunity in countries under the sway of that rule: Fly with us! Our pilots are allowed to fly on Sunday! (Or Saturday, or Friday etc etc) :p

Pat Malone
11th Nov 2004, 16:37
You're all being silly. The highest regulatory authority in aviation is my wife. Not only does she lay down the law on flying, she's the world's foremost expert on everything bloody else too.