PDA

View Full Version : Age Limit

catchup
8th Nov 2004, 08:49
Any1 here who knows about age limits (commander) in major european countries like UK, germany, france?

regards

Whispering Giant
8th Nov 2004, 09:24
I believe that in France the upper age limit is 60 - i know for a fact that there not to happy to allow foreign registered a/c into French airspace if the commander is over 60 - allthough dispensations can be granted by the French DGAC.
I dont know if this is the same in Germany, In the UK it depends on the Operator some will allow you to fly till your 65 other's say you have to retire at 55, It will also depend on what your flying as well

brgds
W.G

catchup
9th Nov 2004, 06:37
@W.G

thx, guess in germany it's 65, but not sure about it. Who knows better?

regards

redbar1
11th Nov 2004, 14:39
Catchup,
In all JAR-FCL-states (19 as of now) the upper age limit for pilots (not limited to 'commanders', as this is an operational title, not a licensing one) involved in Commercial Air Transport (i.e. transporting passengers, goods or post for renumeration) is 65 years, on the condition that the other pilot be younger than 60.

Exceptions: France, Italy, Czech Republic, who use respectively 60, 60 and 62 years as max. Italy and Czech Republic state that they only use this limit for their own pilots, while France applies this rule to anyone in French airspace.

Apart from CommAIrTransp, there are no age limits in JAR-FCL, neither for private or commercial pilots. There might be some additional national limitations in some states, though.

Any further limits in union contracts, operators policies, etc, are purely of 'private' nature and uninteresting to licensing regulations.
Cheers, Redbar1