PDA

View Full Version : LATCC - Respect

Whipping Boy's SATCO
12th Sep 2001, 09:23
A short note of respect to those working at LATCC. I was honoured to observe truly excellent controlling during a potentially chaotic and extremely difficult recovery of aircraft to the London Airports yesterday afternoon.

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: Whipping Boy's SATCO ]

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Sep 2001, 11:20
All in a day's work old chap.. (say he, sitting smugly at home on leave!)

Justin A Beaver
15th Sep 2001, 01:12
Well HD, I also wish I had been on leave! Your smug posting must have been prior to the events unfolding around 14:00 on Tuesday.

How do you cope seeing live pictures of a jet being flown into a massive tower?

For me, it was blisteringly difficult.

Although an ATCO, I have been submersed in aviation since birth.

Seeing a commercial flight flown with pax and fuel into a skyscraper does not make me feel smug!

You have made many a reasoned contribution to these forums, but your last posting MUST be your last?

Your post must have been made without access to the actual events. I hope you do not feel your life is 'smug', I personally feel sick!

[ 14 September 2001: Message edited by: Justin A Beaver ]

MacDoris
15th Sep 2001, 01:21
Anyone who knows HD will be fully aware that you have misunderstood his comment..(He has been in ATC a looooong time (sorry HD))

Bright-Ling
15th Sep 2001, 12:01
Justin....

...please take a step back and calm down.

I can GUARENTEE that HD did not mean to cause offence. The use of the word smugly may not of been ideal, but was I'm sure a reference to the fact that he didn't have to work with the restrictions. That is all.

I sincerely hope that HD continues posting.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
15th Sep 2001, 12:08
I certainly did not take offence. Again, to bring things back on track, IMHO an excellent demonstation of controlling on Tuesday afternoon.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Sep 2001, 19:38
Good God - I've just seen the last few replies on here and I'm mortified. My point was that I was comfortable at home away from the problems caused by the restrictions. The reason for those restrictions rocked me totally and utterly.. I very sincerely hope that those who found fault with my comments have prayed as much as I have over the last few days...