View Full Version : Hands up those non-Kiwi ATCO's persued by Airways NZ

Visual Approach
8th Nov 2000, 02:25
Hands up those non-Kiwi ATCO's persued by Airways NZ that have now found that ACNZ's offer doesn't even come close to that offered by Nav Canada??

Is is bail out of NZ time for the great land of the Canuck??

cxi
8th Nov 2000, 15:28
not being a kiwi atco,but always interested in new pastures, whats this about?
[This message has been edited by cxi (edited 08 November 2000).]

[This message has been edited by cxi (edited 08 November 2000).]

Radar
8th Nov 2000, 17:58
C'mon Visual,
Give us a few more details. Where does Kiwi-land fall short of the Canadians? Enquiring minds want to know :)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Nov 2000, 23:54
I've been to NZ three times and each time I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven; the place and the people are simply fantastic. If I had my life over I'd work down there for nothing..

Visual Approach
9th Nov 2000, 00:27
It's all rumour and conjecture (spelling??) at the moment, but APPARENTLY....

ACNZ was chasing foreign controllers to try and beef up a massive staff shortage (bought about by inept HR), even tho they had Kiwi controllers who had accepted redundancy. ACNZ refuses to re-hire these guys and so was trolling to "import" replacements (adverts in Flight International, etc.). Again APPARENTLY some were interviewed in Australia that were keen to go to NZ, but again APPARENTLY Nav Canada has also targeted these same guys with infinitely better deals...I don't know any specific's which is why I posted the original post!!

Heathrow...don't work for nothing, buddy!!! Makes us look like we are WORTH nothing!!

Proceed As Cleared
9th Nov 2000, 02:18
Visual,

Keeping my hands down

See ya

Bluespectre
9th Nov 2000, 02:37
VISUAL
Try to get so of the RAAF ATCOs in Darwin to respond via your e-mail (better putit on your profile)as they have several people that have applied to both and I believe that some have offers from NZ.

Greener pastures everywhere except where you are, especially for Military atcos who are paid (in Australia) as little as 50% of what the AsA atcos get. And if other countries offer better then I know that some will go.

[This message has been edited by Bluespectre (edited 08 November 2000).]