PDA

View Full Version : New Requirements

747FOCAL
5th Nov 2004, 20:04
Can anybody tell me a place where one can look at all the new operational requirements coming down the pipeline in the future? (I.E. ETOPS rules for 3 and 4 engine aircraft.) Not just the FAA but the whole world. Thanks.

Also, anyone know of anything that is real significant coming at us?:)

mutt
6th Nov 2004, 04:21
swh
747FOCAL asked a legitimate question regarding LROPS!

747FOCAL
Check out the January 2004 edition of ATW at www.atwonline.com or www.dms.dot.gov its faa_proposal_03-28407

Alternatively, give me an email address to send you the PDF file.

Mutt http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/****anim_small.gif

747FOCAL
6th Nov 2004, 05:24
I love that graphic mutt. Thanks for the props.

swh, There are some areas where I need outside resource help, but I can certify anything.

OzExpat
6th Nov 2004, 10:57
Even more bizarre that you are asking for ETOPS information on 3 & 4 engine aircraft, a person who is knowledgeable in general aircraft certification would know that its not applicable to 3 & 4 engine aircraft
Sorry swh, but you couldn't be more wrong about that, but I reckon this thread is likely to get the padlock before you see it again.

swh
6th Nov 2004, 12:27
Ozexpat..

Deleted my posts .... sorry I just found it hard to believe a professional that claimes to be able to "certify anything" would ask a qestion that a first year grad student would be able to answer.

Care let me know one 3 or 4 engine aircraft that is ETOPS certified..I cannot think of one.

:confused:

Willit Run
6th Nov 2004, 15:37
There has been considerable talk about making 3 and four engine AC adhere to some sort of ETOPS rules. So maybe you ought to go back to first year and take your exams again!

Open your mind and listen, we can all learn a thing or two if we set our minds to it!

Notso Fantastic
6th Nov 2004, 15:43
Pray what talk, and where? ETOPs by definition is for twins only. Trijets are history (yes....even the Trident), so what proposed rules are people trying to introduce for 747 & 340/380s?

enicalyth
6th Nov 2004, 15:53
I think my friends we have all said ETOPS instead of EROPS or LROPS and didn't get misconstrued. I once introduced my wife to the "Station Master" and not the "Station Commander" and he pretended not to notice!

I have an Airbus pdf somewhere I'll look out. with some ICAO and ASSI references.

swh
6th Nov 2004, 16:44
enicalyth,

The FAST topic is listed in the Tech Log Useful Website References (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66205)

Thanks for the advice Willit Run, I trust you have read the NPRM's ?

:hmm:

mutt
7th Nov 2004, 04:05
Notso Fantastic

By todays definition ETOPS is for twin engined aircraft, howeverThe FAA proposal calls it "Extended Operations for Multiengined Aircraft". For operations greater than 180 minutes ALL aircraft will have to account for

cargo fire suppression,
rescue and fire fighting capabilities,
passenger recovery plan,
engine reliability,
dispatch weather for alternate,
ETOPS Maintenance program
communications.

+++++++++++++

So what do people think of the idea? sensible or just a waste of money?

Mutt.

747FOCAL
7th Nov 2004, 04:36
swh,

I know how to go find the stuff manually by coaming regulatory sites. I just asked if somebody had put together one that had all of the coming requirements. Your a bit of a tugger aren't you then? :E

BOAC
7th Nov 2004, 07:53
This Boeing article (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_22/etops_story.html) outlines some proposed changes to FARs to make formal the sometimes voluntary compliance with ETOPS for 3+engined aircraft.
NB It is at least 18 months old!