View Full Version : Manchester to LATCC thread

PPRuNe Radar
5th Nov 2000, 04:31
This thread has been removed to the Admin area for consideration. It is very likely that quoting from MATS Part 2 instructions is in breach of Employee Handbook regulations, particularly as business information was included.

Please be extremely careful and try to refrain from posting information which may be sensitive or commercially confidential. PPRuNe does not wish to become involved in potential legal actions which may arise from NATS staff breaching Employee regulations.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

niteflite01
5th Nov 2000, 18:21
As a responder to the message I have to say that as an afterthought I agree with it's removal and indeed it does breach the employee handbook - the inclusion of said commercial information was a bit of a "whoops" scenario - not an intentional leak I'm sure :)

Hope I didn't cause any further problems in my reply ;)

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

PPRuNe Radar
5th Nov 2000, 18:40
Thanks guys. The original poster is also agreeable to the action taken. As a resut the original post will be deleted and therefore cannot be recovered.

As long as nothing commercially sensitive or from official non public documents is posted, then I have no problem with the issue being debated. Just bear in mind the rules of NATS and the possible repercussions if you don't abide by them.

It is public knowledge that NATS intends to provide contingency for it's major units at other units, e.g Swanwick for ScOACC and New Scottish Centre for Swanwick in time. Feel free to discuss this sort of thing with the caveats above.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Numpo-Nigit
5th Nov 2000, 20:16
With due respect to the caveats above, does anyone have any idea why the SI regarding the contingency plan for Manchester sub-centre, but not approach, to come to LATCC TC has been PUBLISHED now? I quite understand, and am re-assured by, the existence of such plans, but there would appear to be no reason for its sudden publication - unless the rumour first posted by Henrietta Horsebox contains elements of truth. That rumour suggested that NATS management had "forgotten" to renew the lease for the accommodation on the 4th floor at Manchester. Can anyone throw light on the timing of this SI?

niteflite01
5th Nov 2000, 23:02
Numpo - hi there again ;)

Dunno if you got my original reply but we've just had similar docs released at MACC. So unless the whole Scottish centre is going to start winging its way to MACC soon I suspect there is nothing sinister behind the whole shebang other than management thinking way way way ahead - hopefully :)

Not sure about NERC being used as a backup for Scottish, Radar - we've been told we'd get most of their sectors should it all go t*** up - our sim suite's just been rigged up by Tels to provide extra capacity too.

I shant go over my previous post Numpo 'cause you may have saw it????

Needless to say by the way, that we aint heard anything at MACC at all, no-one had heard the rumour until I went in and told them all.

------------------

[This message has been edited by niteflite01 (edited 05 November 2000).]

10W
6th Nov 2000, 00:17
niteflite01

Not sure about NERC being used as a backup for Swanwick, Radar - we've been told we'd get most of their sectors should it all go t*** up - our sim suite's just been rigged up by Tels to provide extra capacity too.

NERC IS Swanwick !! But if you meant NSC, then by the time that opens, Manchester ACC will be history....allegedly ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Blame_NERC
6th Nov 2000, 00:28
It is requirement for New Scottish Centre (NSC) that it must be able to backup Swanwick, if Swanwick was going to unavailable for any extended period of time (Major Fire/terrorist attack etc etc).

niteflite01
6th Nov 2000, 00:43
Ooops sorry 'bout that typo - yeah of course I meant Scottish :)

------------------

Uuuurrrgghhh my spelling and grammar are atrocious tonight http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

ATCexpert
6th Nov 2000, 01:00
It's quite simple why the ATC Supplementary Instructions have been issued now - it's because all the enginneering aspects of providing MACC suites at LATCC have now been completed and the contingency plan is now viable. Previously, it had not been possible to access, for example, the appropriate MACC R/T frequnecies at LATCC. Nothing sinsiter about the timing at all.

Sick Squid
6th Nov 2000, 05:06
Bugger! As a simple pilot I read the original thread, but didn't realise it's Earth-shattering importance, so in one ear it went, straight as a die out the other! Damn!

Whilst I'm here, if any of the guys who helped me out diverting LGW- MAN last Sunday night are here, thanks. Had to go to Pan as fuel predictions were right on reserves under the LHR stack, but climb and direct centre-fix gave a reasonable amount on arrival.

Usual top service from everyone. Keep it up.

------------------
Disappears in a cloud of black ink...

Numpo-Nigit
6th Nov 2000, 23:42
Thanks ATCexpert for your explanation. Another source at LATCC this morning confirms that the timing of this SI was technical rather than sinister.

I still think the wording of the SI caused much of the speculation. To say that "The Manchester ACC operation...may become unusable......." can be taken as meaning that such an outcome is both expected and imminent. It would have been far better to say "In the event of......." However, hindsight is as good with SIs as everything else.

More worrying to both management and staff is the fact that such a fundamental error as not renewing a lease was not regarded as an impossible scenario by the staff - such confidence do they have in NATS management.

Still, we can stop worrying about this issue, at least!!!

Unless someone REALLY HAS forgotten to renew that lease..............???????

10W
7th Nov 2000, 00:24
Will you guys at Manch all be covered by TUPE when Sock Shop takes over the lease ?? ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

niteflite01
8th Nov 2000, 01:19
Hahahahaha 10W - I wish they'd open a curry place at EGCC actually (although obviously not at our lovely ACC's expense!) The new chinese take out dash thing is extremely dodgy http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Has no relevance, I was hungry and just thought I'd share that with you ;)

------------------