PDA

View Full Version : Tower Visit

Darren M
10th Aug 2000, 23:59
Hi, I am 15 years old. I live 10 mins from Heathrow, and less than 2 mins from the ATCC at West Drayton.
I would like to take up ATC as a career.
Does anyone know how i could arrange a visit to the Tower...or the LATCC at West Drayton

Thanks

Darren

Roundouthigh
11th Aug 2000, 15:51
If you ring LATCC at West Drayon and ask to speak to the tour organiser for London Military they might be able to orgainse a tour. Well worth while for anybody involved in aviation. Good luck.

Mr Chips
11th Aug 2000, 19:42
Email me.....

Chips
LATCC Training

Darren M
11th Aug 2000, 22:06
thanks a lot for your replys I will Email you Chips...and I will ring LATCC thanks

nbradon
12th Aug 2000, 14:04
From what I have heard airfield, atc centres will only allow visits if you have passed the tests and been invited for a first interview.

However, seeing as you are a kid and couple of years away from being eligble to apply I am sure you will be accomodated.

When I was 17 I managed to have a tour of RAF Leeming and Teeside ATC facilities.

Good luck and hope your career takes off. I failed to get in bu enjoy the delights of trying to obtain my PPL now in Ireland.

smooth approach
12th Aug 2000, 23:21
DM, shouldn't be a problem. You may want to look at both military and Civil controlling. Although there are some similarities there are far more differences (pay included). If you want to consider military, a quick call to a local airfield (Northolt, Benson, Brize Norton) and ask for the SATCO. I'm sure they would be willing to assist. Also, a visit to LATCC will allow you to see both military and civil. Good luck.

Smoothie