PDA

View Full Version : type rating or not? What do you think?

djchandler
2nd Nov 2004, 17:35
It will be better to make a type rating even if you''ve got only 300hrs of PISTON ENGINES?

MJR
4th Nov 2004, 09:44
No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No! No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No! No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No! No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No! No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No! No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!

cheers

MJR

Training Risky
4th Nov 2004, 10:55
Why have you written o!N a hundred times.

Explain please. (And should we pay for line trg too?!?)

Kerropi
4th Nov 2004, 11:02
According to my calculations its 118 times exactly

easyswimmer
5th Nov 2004, 18:37
all you have to do is put yourself in mr 50 year old senior management pilot sitting behind a desk staring out the window waiting for his penison to rock up so he can leave....and think, I f I was him...would i prefer a bloke/ess to have a type rating or not? He will be cheaper, less of a risk..in fact, yes less of a risk, cos i cant be bothered with my boss giving me grief if he fails.

And then i have a load less cv's to look through.
And it shows he can meet the grade.

Seems clear cut to me, what these people want. Either put yourself in that place... or dont. If you cant... well that is just the world we live in. Hay ho.

Pilot Pete
5th Nov 2004, 21:58
Seems clear cut to me, what these people want

Well, what if the company have their own tie up with a TRTO and they get a cut for supplying the clients? Won't be so keen on your type rating then.

What if they fly a type you don't have? Not going to be quite as keen then.

What if it's a turbo-prop outfit and you have a jet type rating with no hours on type? Won't be so keen on your type rating then either, or the prospect of you hanging around long enough to make it worthwhile taking you on.

What if they prefer all their pilots to have gone through their own TR training? Negates much of the (perceived) advantage of having the type rating.

What if you don't get a job with your type rating and just under 12 months has passed and you get called for a sim ride? Still reckon you'd perform as well as a current-on-type pilot?

What happens if you still can't get a job?

PP

(just playing Devil's Advocate)
;)

ps As for 'proving you can make the grade', plenty of pilots have failed line training........I know of a couple personally.