PDA

View Full Version : D-**** What's Involved In Making It G-****

silvereagle
2nd Nov 2004, 16:47
In my search for a suitable aircraft, I have come across one I think fits my bill. The trouble is, it is registered in Germany i.e. D-****. The aircraft is operated in the UK (and has been for some years), but every year the owner has to fly it out to Germany for its annual check.

Does anyone know what is involved in converting it to the UK register? I suspect it involves no small amount of paperwork, not to mention a vast amount of cash to our darling CAA.

I have considered the US register as I have a US CPL/IR but I have access to UK engineers who will work on the aircraft on a grace and favour basis. So UK it is.

Anyone got any ideas?

tom de luxe
2nd Nov 2004, 16:56
http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/registration_info/default.asp?page=1142
has all the answers (well most of them).

silvereagle
2nd Nov 2004, 21:45
Many thanks! Just the advice I need.

RichyRich
3rd Nov 2004, 11:19
Ah, you just gotta laugh: I followed the CAA link, and then followed the link on that page to their FAQ (at the very end of the first page).

Nada.

Obviously we don't ask too many questions, or they are too varied to become 'frequently asked'.

silvereagle
8th Nov 2004, 16:21
So far so good. What are the rules regarding instrumentation? You can MOT your car with a speedo that reads kph but what about an aircraft? The instruments on this particular aircraft are in metres and the ASI in kph. Is this a problem?