PDA

View Full Version : medical and 6 month check

bellend
2nd Nov 2004, 09:45
hi there

just want an opinion, my medical expired on 30/10 and i am due a 6 month check ride at end of nov. If I left my medical until say march next year(when better weather is on the horizon) would this mean i need to do the whole thing again eg ecg etc also is it still possible to fly dual in the period when i have no medical? I know i wont be P1 , I have only ever had 1 medical so far

thanks

Brooklands
2nd Nov 2004, 13:13
Bellend,

1) Yes, you don't need a current medical if you're flying with an instructor and log it as P/UT. You CANNOT fly solo though.

2) As your medical has lapsed, then you're back to square one and have to go through the whole process of inital issue again (assuming you've got a JAA PPL, not sure about the NPPL though). If you're going to 'revalidate' it you have to do it in the three months before it lapses.

Brooklands

bellend
2nd Nov 2004, 19:09
Brooklands

thanks for your reply

oh well another ECG @ £100 and hospital costs etc plus the £100 for the Dr ,guess were all in the wrong game! As i just love flying i might fly dual all winter ! at least it aint my ass in the hotseat .....Haha still on a positive note at least i am getting an Mot...every once in a while!

cheers Keith