PDA

View Full Version : Tamworth Tower

Blockla
3rd Sep 2001, 13:37
Does anyone know what's going on in Tamworth Tower?

I am hearing lots of different things from work. Staffing crisis, jobs vacant that can't be filled, low morale with staff on station... I hear that the hours of operation will be reduced so the guys who work there will be able to function; despite no support from their managers or the government.

Is the split of Airport Services / ATM division starting to hurt ASA?

Maybe it all started to go wrong when they tried to throw out the staffing principles agreement?

Anyone with news?

SRA.

ferris
7th Sep 2001, 09:46
No takers? Could someone make some discreet enquiries? Karrank etc.?

89 steps to heaven
7th Sep 2001, 12:42
The situation at Tamworth is not good. It is not just ASA caused, but the lack of services that we take for granted in the bigger cities just are not available there. If you couldn't get your family to see a doctor when they are sick, would you take them there?

That's not to say that ASA have not a lot to fix. I live in hope that there will be a NOTAM reducing the hours of coverage to the level that the staff can safely handle and allow for appropriate time off. :(

karrank
7th Sep 2001, 15:00
Conflicting second-hand info here. Staff pleading with ASA for reduced hours of coverage due 2 staff down and no relief in sight. ASA not interested, staff threatened to walk out Tuesday - no result as far as I am aware. SATC reduced back to FPC, nobody in charge, reason unknown. Part of problem "war" between factions at unit, maybe why ASA not interested? Certainly why staff not keen on going there. Probably all cr*p, but will update after next shift.

Another day in paradise....

89 steps to heaven
10th Sep 2001, 08:38
ATS From: 09 092255 To: 10 281015 C0123/01 Review C0120/01
TWR AMD HR
MON - FRI 2200 - 0700
SAT 2115 - 0415
SUN 2115 - 1015