PDA

View Full Version : B747-100 flght deck

jack@DS&S
1st Nov 2004, 13:47
Does anyone know if there is a power outlet on the flight deck of the B747-100 suitable for charging a laptop computer?
If so where?

spannersatcx
1st Nov 2004, 14:01
The only power outlets would be the one for the hoovers etc, this would be 115vAC 400hz, it has a special type of plug, so you would need some sort of adapter.

NigelOnDraft
1st Nov 2004, 14:37
For "special adaptor" read a US plug / adaptor.

Do bear in mind though that the Laptop is expecting 50Hz, and is getting 400Hz. Power supplies usually cope, but no guarantees. And you'll be breaking countless authority / Boeing / Company regs of course...

So of course I never do it <G>

Dan Winterland
1st Nov 2004, 23:23
Some classics have a 115v outlet on the forward facing panel aft of the engineer station.

Flight Detent
2nd Nov 2004, 01:05
Hi all,
As far as I remember, all the Classics have both an 115vac and a 28vdc outlet at the FE station.

Cheers

jack@DS&S
2nd Nov 2004, 11:12
Thank you, one and all! :ok:

Awakevortice
2nd Nov 2004, 12:57
My Sony Vaio laptop /standard charger set up has always worked beautifully in all classics.
The socket, by the FE's right leg (when he's flying sideways) is standard American domestic female... no rude comments about our oversize cousins please.
Anyway, no need to know where it is, just dangle the plug over your right shoulder and say "Plug me in and I'll show you something that'll make your eyes light up"

You might be pleasantly surprised at the astonishing alacrity from what you thought was just an ancient form of crustacean lurking behind you :-)