PDA

View Full Version : Drink driving

DutyHours
31st Oct 2004, 23:55
Hi all.

Wonder if anyone can shed any light please.

2 weeks ago I was convicted (and banned for 15 months) of driving a motor vehicle with excess alcohol. Stupid, I know. Not something that I condone or indeed am proud of.

My question to all you airline types is will this stop me from passing the new airside id checks, and (I think I already know this answer) will it prevent me from gaining airline employment.

I hold JAA f ATPL and FAA ATPL's and am resident in the UK.

Many thanks.
DO

Carnage Matey!
1st Nov 2004, 10:04
You will still pass the airside checks as DUI is not on the list of likely 'terrorist offences'. The second part really depends on the airline, but I know of a person who's got a job after conviction.

SpaceBadger
1st Nov 2004, 11:14
BA's website has a PDF with information on the criminal records check. I don't know the link but it is somewhere near the employment section. It lists offences which preclude someone from obtaining an airside pass. While it says it is not exhaustive there is no mention of any driving offences on there.

DutyHours
1st Nov 2004, 13:06
Thanks for your time to reply guys. Will check the BA website.

Bregards.

DO

Miserlou
4th Nov 2004, 17:22
You will also have to explain yourself at your medical.

There is a question on the JAA medical form, have you in the past 12 months had any alcohol related convictions? or something along those lines.

I understand it results in a few further questions and possibly a liver test.

It is, of course, also an offence to answer incorrectly.