View Full Version : That worst day !!!!!!

10W
3rd Nov 2000, 03:56
Ever had one of those days ??

First of all someone going out on the Ocean was half an hour early on his clearance ETA. Lots of scrabbling around to refit the aircraft in at a different level.

Then an American pilot taking the call addressed to a company aircraft without reading back a callsign and almost climbing into another aircraft above.

Followed by a 767 losing an engine and starting an emergency descent right through a couple of aircraft below him. Talk about scattering the pigeons !!

Another level bust, then London Centre evacuating during the heavy Eastbound flow. Traffic holding at DCS from all the way from FL280 to FL410. Thankfully they got going again after 10 minutes. Thanks to Manchester for taking some of them onwards at lower levels.

Then to cap it all, code callsign conversion failed followed soon by us having to evacuate the building.

Don't you just love your simulator time during Emergency & Continuation Training !! ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

SilentHandover
3rd Nov 2000, 13:26
Wot no Hijack, not a real ECT sim unless blippies get to wrap tea towels around their heads and shout about the People Front of Judea. Open Mike switch was always my fave having to rabbit on for ten minutes about Pastrami sandwiches and poor quality coffee can be really strenuous.
Oh how i miss Blip driving it was the most fun job you could do with your clothes on.

A Happy ex-aries blippie.

Bright-Ling
3rd Nov 2000, 15:58
What do you mean 'EX-ARIES'

Has your birth date changed?!?!?!?!?

(or is it the computer program!?)

Bright-Ling
3rd Nov 2000, 18:36
10W....

....gues that gets you out of some ECT for some time!!

Keep smiling - We all get 'em!

10W
3rd Nov 2000, 19:29
Yep,

13 months isn't it ?? :)

Of course in real life these things happen to me sometimes as well ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

U R NumberOne
3rd Nov 2000, 22:46
Now just throw in a helicopter ditching, a light aircraft lost in IMC, radar failure and three ATPs (who knows which one will cry PAN first http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif ) and you're getting close to my last ECT session!!

Worst of all - my wife is our blippie!! Got to be a very good lad for a few days prior to a check.

daft fader
4th Nov 2000, 00:06
my fave ECT moment involved the blip driver pretending to be a hi jack case with the pilot saying that the terrorist was demanding to speak to a male controller. Lady atco being assessed (friend of mine) NOT impressed

cossack
4th Nov 2000, 04:03
13 months between ECT days?
If only.
I've done 4 in 26 months!!!
Does that make me the prime candidate when someone shouts "Mayday!"?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Nov 2000, 16:43
Crikey... you people haven't lived! I recall an absolutely diabolical day at Heathrow some years ago when someone mislaid the EG list...

Spotter
4th Nov 2000, 20:32
I once left my sandwiches at home & we don't have a staff canteen.