PDA

View Full Version : individual rosters surely not?

ayrprox
31st Aug 2001, 15:12
I was at meeting recently at which the watch manager told us of the edicts that were being proposed by the airline group in an effort to save 10 million this year.
amongst the 'inevitable' cutbacks in staff was mentioned changes to our working practices, (possibly individual rostering?), cutting back engineering staff from 1200 to just 400. Now all these are subject to consultation with the unions obviously, but am I the only one who is getting a bad feeling about this especially since TAG have said we need to cut 50 MILLION next year :eek:

It's a Joke
31st Aug 2001, 18:01
It's sad isn't it........hopefully your nick will NOT become MIDayrprox !

:mad: :mad: :mad:

not a scooby
2nd Sep 2001, 14:50
Its good to see that WM`s at Scac still have a sense of humour.
They unanimously offered back the 2001/02 Fam Flight & Liasion budget to management as part of the cost cutting exercise.
Needless to say the £400 per Airways Watch must be seen as a huge saving by the TAG.
Obviously the "one man & his dog" that this princely sum could have financed will be very saddened by this action

On an aside, I thought SRG had recently pontificated that several recent incidents had been contributed to by the atco`s lack of understanding of cockpit workload etc .

I`ll obviously be doing FF&LV`s in my own time & at my own expense to rectify this!!!!

2nd Sep 2001, 15:28
Of course!!

Just to ensure that we all get a couple of early gos every cycle (and a couple of late starts), lets slash the FF&LV budget.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Who else do you know who gets an extra six hours off each week because there's too many staff on duty?

It stinks, we all know it, and I for one will be happy to compromise now to ensure that I still have a job in ten years time!!

250 kts
2nd Sep 2001, 15:35
Just volunteer to come to LATCC AC instead.The days of working full rostered hours are pretty well a reality here already.

It's a Joke
2nd Sep 2001, 16:26
And the same goes for LATCC TC as well !!

Foot in Mouth
2nd Sep 2001, 18:35
A couple of late starts and early go's.I wished I was on your watch.Although there is sometimes "optimum use of staff" it is nothing like it was on backshifts some of us are almost working our rostered hours.I do not count getting away 15-20 mins an early go
especially when you take in your CRATCOH break.
I'm sure that the people tasked to look at Night shift/Day shift manning at ScACC will come up with some novel rostering soloutions
and I look forward to being at the back of the queue when they try to issue individual rosters. We do not want to go down thar road.

Legs11
3rd Sep 2001, 23:45
And to think you all thought SERCO would screw you...well the goose has come home to roost. I think AG have realised what a mess you're in, how much money has just floated down the swanney and will be looking for that get out clause veeeerrrryyyy soon.

Luvya. :D

Direct HALIFAX
4th Sep 2001, 00:08
What's the problem with individual rosters. As long as it's published well in advance and is flexible to account for one's external activities. I'd happily do duties with other AC staff instead of just ATCOs from my own watch.