PDA

View Full Version : BEXIL160 no more......

BEXIL160
30th Aug 2001, 23:33
Well, my days are numbered it would seem....

For those who regularly fly the TIMBA2B space shuttle descent into BEXIL at FL160 you'll be pleased to hear that there will be a change to the target level sometime in September.

Unfortunately, the new target level will be FL150 !!. A word to the wise at this point. Ask Reims for intial descent 100 miles before ABSUD, then you'll avoid the heat shield up descent closer in. Good luck!

Oh, what's gonna happen to me? Well, I'll still be here... as plain ol' BEXIL.... (don't like targets anyway)

Rgds BEXIL

BEXIL160
31st Aug 2001, 00:17
A quick P.S....

The Target level at TIGERon the BIGGIN 3 STARS (EGLL/WU) will also be changed to FL 150 as well.

Watch this space.. or your AERAD!

Rgds BEX

ADIS5000
31st Aug 2001, 00:19
I read with a heavy heart about the demise of Bexil 160.

But welcome in the new era of plain Bexil. (A stripped down, numerically challenged, fresh for the new millenium Bex must surely be the way ahead?) Why not Bexil 150? Are u just resisting change? :)

Cheers ADIS :cool:

BEXIL160
31st Aug 2001, 01:41
Ahh ADIS old chap...

Yes, I considered changing down to 150, but hey, who knows what the future holds, so plain ol' BEXIL will do just fine.

So when are you gonna have the "snip" then and lose that 5000 on the end?
;)

Rgds BEX

P.S. History lesson: The Eastwood/Biggin STAR target levels used to be FL 130, 25d MAY, 25d BIG...

5milesbaby
31st Aug 2001, 03:49
knew Capital was a bad move, sorry Bex, here's to many days of 'confirm FL150 London'. Due to commence next Thursday (6th Sept)

Numpo-Nigit
31st Aug 2001, 13:25
Hi Bex

Now there was I thinking that English Heritage would be making you a "listed building" or its cyberspace equivalent to ensure that the memories of BEXIL160 would live on forever. Maybe you could have applied for a government grant or something. Another part of our heritage destroyed without a second thought! Shame on you!

Spoonbill
31st Aug 2001, 17:57
Sounds highly suspicious to me :D
A conspiracy even!
First Bex' loses 10 and is demoted to 150, who'll be next??? :p
The question is, does Bex' get to keep that 10 which is rightfully his, or will TAG squirrel it away as part of the cost saving measures? :p :p :p

egll 28r
2nd Sep 2001, 22:57
Bex
Hmm yes I see from the STARs in AIRAC 9 you are having to lower yourself a tad. Sorry to hear of the news -a bit of a let down more for you and your inbounds but don't descend into despair (just 1000ft will do!)-I will always remember the FL160 level by...with fondness and you are still quite a big boy compared with some others (FL130 by..)

A question pse out of curiosity -what is the rationale behind the drop?

Thanks

Not Long Now
2nd Sep 2001, 23:50
It's been lowered by default to match the BIG restriction being lowered to FL150 by TIGER to avoid going into TC Capital airspace if still at 160 at BIG.

egll 28r
3rd Sep 2001, 00:51
Not Long Now

Many thanks for the answer - I suppose that particular situation must have been there since the start of TC Capital (VATON bit) back in Jan.
A general thanks also to all you guys for the background to the changes that come up every cycle.

Over and out