PDA

View Full Version : hiring twins in the states

jetstreamjunkie
29th Oct 2004, 15:12
need to hire 4 light twins, for 4 - 6 weeks, will clock up about 150 hours on each. anyone know a cheap school in the states that could do this? not arie benn though, dont want safety pilot time! preferably in FL but anywhere in the states would do. if you have any advice or if you have a school or club yourself could you please let me know,

Vladivar Smirnoff
29th Oct 2004, 16:54
Flew out of Chandler Municipal (Phoenix) last year and enquired about twin availability.

The answer was not what I wanted "We will train you but can`t rent to you because of the insurance restriction"

The feeling was, hiring any twin in the USA could have insurance probs due to the high damage costs they appear to have with hired acft.

slim_slag
29th Oct 2004, 17:07
Indeed Vladimir, but the place you refer to has incredibly low rates on its fleet of singles. By not risking the chance of a possibly business destroying hike to it's insurance rates due to a claim on it's twin, it keeps rates better for the vast majority of renters. Several twins have been lost in Arizona recently due pilot/instructor error, they are very high risk.

Plenty of other places will rent you a twin, but their single rates are higher, and the flying school owners cannot sleep at night ... well, almost :)

jetstreamjunkie, as always, go to airnav.com and start working the phones.

18greens
29th Oct 2004, 19:11
I know its not to everyones tastes but you could do worse than look at

www.plusone.org

They have 3 duchesses and a seneca.

B2N2
30th Oct 2004, 13:00
Answered on your other post..
4-6 weeks? It would be easier to buy one....
Very little chance you will get a twin for that time.
I know Air Orlando is one of the places that will allow you to rent solo http://www.flyairorlando.com/piper_seneca_rental_fleet.htm
Good luck