PDA

View Full Version : Where is eveyone?

Not Long Now
29th Oct 2000, 17:27
It may just be my imagination, but last cycle at work, every day, I'm sure there was either flow or level capping. This apparently was due to AC staff shortages. I thought OCT didn't start 'til January ?(if it ever does).

And then I hear people in TC have been doing over 2 hours a time! And were there really only 2 valid controllers in the building for some sectors?

Somewhere between LATCC and the South coast is a big, deep, dark, bottomless ATCO swallowing pit....

Anyone at Manch or Scottish noticed anyone going missing lately?

niteflite01
29th Oct 2000, 20:16
We've been alright-ish at Manch :)

The only bottomless pit appears to be this dreadful 'flu getting passed around http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

cossack
29th Oct 2000, 21:36
I noticed the flow control and assumed it was because it was school half-term and everyone was at home with the kids!!!

Postman Pat
29th Oct 2000, 23:29
36 ATCO's sick in AC yesterday (spread over all shifts) means serious flow constraints.

daft fader
30th Oct 2000, 01:24
I understand that some of our chaps in AC have been phoned at home and invited to switch to duties other than those rostered. I also understand that this tactic by our glorious management has not been 100% successful

get'em to heaven & back
31st Oct 2000, 04:10
daft, that's not a new trick, our management's been doing it for years- it's called "flexible rostering". didn't you know that??????????????? and sure so whatif someone does more than 2 hours in position? it doesn't matter too much, does it? sorry, must go, some nice men in white coats are coming to take me away, ha ha...........