PDA

View Full Version : US Central Flow Control Facility

Aztec Kid
31st Jul 2000, 06:11
Are there any US controllers or employees of the CFCF that could help me out? This summer, whenever there is any TRW activity and a SWAP is implemented, I have experienced unusually long (3-4 hour) delays. For the amount of weather, the delays seem much longer than in years past. It almost seems that the intention of the SWAP plan is to hold aircraft on the ground until all the TRWs dissipate. I called a center controller on the phone one evening, and he explained that a new plan "Concept 2000", was implemented this year. While he did not have time to explain the specifics, he did say that the new program has not been very efficient. Is there anyone who could explain "Concept 2000" and its pros and cons? Most of the delay programs have been on flights to destinations in the Northeast,(PHL, DCA, BWI, LGA, etc.) departing from all over the US (JAX, DEN, DFW). For those of you who are controllers, I don't mean to criticize you. Overall you do a great job considering all of the constraints that you have to comply with. I am just interested in understanding the system better.

Thanks,
The Kid