PDA

View Full Version : Cunning management tactics

form49
23rd Oct 2000, 21:14
Got to work today and discovered that management have decided that the proposed T&D improvements will frm part of the total pay package,i.e on acceptance of the proposed pay package T&D improvements will be made.
Given that those currently on the T&D scale voted overwhelmingly in favour of the proposals, are management using this fact to try and sway the votes of the trainees and get a few more in favour of the proposas?

Bright-Ling
23rd Oct 2000, 21:22
....Which could be interesting as that means T&D'ers would of had 2 votes!

Also, I know one who voted for the T&D raise 6 weeks ago, but has voted "NON!" this time around.

Does that make a mockery of the whole shooting match???

Postman Pat
23rd Oct 2000, 21:51
I believe that this changes the final pay offer which surely negates the ballot. Aren't our employers a load of slimy devious b******s.

form49
23rd Oct 2000, 22:03
I think you're both right, this obviously changes the whole thing, The T&D ballot was supposed to be a totally seperate ballot, and as such should not have any bearing on the pay offer as it stads.
Those trainees who have already voted "NO" are probably glad that they did as management obviously dont give a s**t about the morale of the poor beggars working hard to achieve a first validation so they can get the promised and NEGOTIATED pay increase.
What message is being sent out here?
Those who have not yet voted are obviously going to be swayed by this.

Spotter
23rd Oct 2000, 22:33
Taking the p!ss aren't they.

10W
23rd Oct 2000, 22:47
Not seen anything official on this yet. Is there a Staff Notice out, or is it canteen gossip ??

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

form49
23rd Oct 2000, 23:42
Watch Manager got it in his E-Mail this morning.

Shazbat
24th Oct 2000, 00:24
Just goes to show how underhanded, devious and downright nasty NATS management is (so tell me something new!!).......so.....approach your union rep and ask for a motion of no confidence in NATS management at the upcoming conference !!!!!!

halo
24th Oct 2000, 01:38
Well this is a turn up for the books isn't it!!! Hands up those who didn't see this coming *raises hand*.

EarlyGo
24th Oct 2000, 02:32
So T&D gets roped in to enhance chances of a yes vote, and a no vote would mean they try to blame a (further) NERC delay on the ATCOs! Either way its hardly encouraging tactics from our management. BTW Halo, did you enjoy your trip overseas?!?

get'em to heaven & back
24th Oct 2000, 04:25
ok, so i'm confused. t & d ballot was a couple of months ago, it went through & the boys & girls were told to expect their extra greenbacks in the next month or two. after this result has been announced, everyone has a vote on the "final offer" which, and correct me if i'm wrong, did not mention t & d? so how are they able to lump the t & d thing into the main pot? how are they justifying this? assuming you're at latcc what are your many unit reps doing about this? what are other unit reps doing about this? there is no basis for tying together the enhanced payment for t & d with acceptance of the main pay round. management are, as someone else said, extracting the michael again and using their staff as a urinal. (fortunately they may have got their timing wrong as most people have already voted but that is far from being the point). i refer my honourable friends to the end of the thread about "is everyone still wanting to strike?" motions to conference, boys & girls- and crappy.

Bright-Ling
26th Oct 2000, 01:00
STOP SLAGGING OFF OUR SUPERB MANAGEMENT!!

OK, I didn't mean it.

Anyway, the point is that I Rx'd an e-mail today saying that the T&D pay rise for valid people is to be implemented in the Nov pay and is NOT dependant on the ballot result.

Still not sure whether or not management have still counted those who voted to accept the T&D raise as a "YES" in the big one.

Any ideas, ol' IPMS types out there??

form49
26th Oct 2000, 01:54
Sorry Bright-Ling,
You've obviously been the butt of some great practical joke, payslips today, no joy for the "HAPPY" T&Ders

------------------
Turn left heading 230, close from the left, report established

Gonzo
26th Oct 2000, 02:12
form49,

Am I missing something? I thought it was still October? ;)

Bright-Ling, I hope your email is from IPMS direct, because for the last 3 months I've been told by a colleague close to a unit rep that the T+D payment was going to be in [insert the month] pay packet. If so, then it'as about time!

Gonzo

A-l
26th Oct 2000, 15:17
OK, I'm new to this discussion forum but am a Validated T&d ATCO and was under the impression we were getting the pay in the November pay packet. Excuse me for being dump but what is the official IPMS line on this?

Bright-Ling
26th Oct 2000, 19:48
It was in an e-mail sent to management yesterday, seems not all have it or it had disseminated down.

Form - I did say NOVEMBER's pay packet (i.e. 31 St November)

Not sure what the union line is here - carn't find anyone to ask.

If you want proof, phone Personnel and or speak to Tony Motture (Director of personnel??)

Trust, me I was once a Doctor!!!!

Not Long Now
27th Oct 2000, 02:54
Definitely a cunning management tactic, putting things in Nov. 31st's pay packet!

form49
27th Oct 2000, 22:47
Apologies Bright-Ling, need to get my eyes tested.
Still not heard anything at my unit, since the WM's e-mail which started this whole thread.

------------------
Turn left heading 230, close from the left, report established